I just applied OpenWrt 21.02.3 r16554-1d4dea6d4f to a functioning OpenWrt 21.02.2 system on Linksys WRT1900ACS v1.
The upgrade completed OK but now client devices can't achieve an internet connection.
It seems that DNS is broken.
I have a pretty standard config but will assemble a full diagnostic data dump but, in the meantime, does anybody have any quick suggestions?
OK mea culpa. This was ALL my fault.
A few weeks ago I enabled secure DNS by installing https-dns-proxy and luci-app-https-dns-proxy.
After I ran the sysupgrade to OpenWrt 21.02.3 those packages were no longer installed though some of the config remained.
When I reinstalled those packages all is well with no further work on my part.
Pleasingly, my OpenWRT router was able to download (install & configure) those packages even though DNS (and therefore INTERNET access) was broken for the rest of my local network.
Unless configured otherwise, the router will use the DNSes provided by the ISP, while the clients can have a completely different setup.
You could use the Sysupgrade server to cook a firmware image containing all your packages, to avoid this kind of issue.
Cheers, I'll look into that. What an amazing thing is OpenWRT and the people who create it.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.