OpenWrt 21.02.0 Fourth release candidate

Bro, at the RC4 I have same issuel at my MT7621

Was a little bit hesitant flashing to the newer version, but hey rc4 :slight_smile: , successfully flashed: Archer C7 v2 v19.07 -> 21.02 rc4, running wireguard, automigratition to the newer networkconfiguration went fluently. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Another developer pushed a lot of awesome changes into DAWN:

I think the changes are very promising.

(They are not included in the current openwrt/master, 21.02.)

1 Like

fwiw, are you using the grey DSL socket on your HH5A?

If answer is No, you need to disable dsl_control to stop the random reboots.

1 Like

hi bill, thanks for the reply
yes I am using the grey DSL socket. It's in France, tbh it's been a disappointment, I was getting 98mb with the orange router and this one has gone down to 82mb so I might revert to the old router :frowning:

fwiw, if your ISP supports vectoring, try different Lantiq firmwares?

The firmware supplied for free by Lantiq, and distributed with LEDE/OpenWrt is over 4 years old and does not support vectoring as far as I'm aware.

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/howto-updating-the-lantiq-xrx200-devices-with-latest-dsl-vectoring-firmware/18853

I think there is another much longer thread on same subject, but I don't have a link for it.

Regarding the random reboots, have you tried a different power adapter?

Good luck.

1 Like

...and remember to enable software-flowoffloading for WAN speeds exceeding ~55 MBit/s on lantiq vr9 devices.

1 Like

well it came from the UK so I've got a uk to eu adaptor which isn't ideal but it wasn't doing this with rc3
it's a VDSL line and I checked that software flow offloading is enabled and so is the hardware one....
Actually I'm getting sick of the Frogs now so I might just go live in another country :laughing:

Cudy WR1300 just upgraded fine from RC3, no issues. Thanks guys!

Ok. Good job.
I don't know the policy about moving devices to mainstream. Maybe the dev team waits for more return of users' experience.

Does anyone have an estimate of when a stable version of 21.02 will be released?

Thanks for the new release, my zbtlink_zbt-we1326 updated without issue.

2 Likes

WRT3200ACM user. RC4 does not work! Cannot access router after RC4 install.

Latest snapshots work fine.

Package list : base-files block-mount busybox collectd collectd-mod-cpu collectd-mod-interface collectd-mod-memory collectd-mod-ping collectd-mod-rrdtool collectd-mod-sensors collectd-mod-thermal collectd-mod-uptime collectd-mod-wireless darkstat dnsmasq-full dropbear firewall fstools ip6tables iptables ipset iwinfo kmod-btmrvl kmod-crypto-authenc kmod-cryptodev kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-ipt-offload kmod-mwifiex-sdio kmod-mwlwifi kmod-usb-storage-uas kmod-usb3 libopenssl-devcrypto lm-sensors logd luci luci-app-advanced-reboot luci-app-openvpn luci-app-samba4 samba4-server luci-app-statistics luci-app-sqm luci-app-uhttpd luci-mod-dashboard luci-ssl luci-theme-material mtd mwlwifi-firmware-88w8964 netifd ntfs-3g-utils ntfs-3g odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only openssl-util openvpn-openssl opkg ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procps-ng-uptime sqm-scripts swconfig uboot-envtools uci uclient-fetch wpad-wolfssl -wpad-basic-wolfssl -dnsmasq -libc -libgcc luci-proto-wireguard luci-app-wireguard kmod-wireguard wireguard-tools vpn-policy-routing luci-app-vpn-policy-routing qrencode irqbalance

1 Like

Same here. May be worth posting your package list just in case.

The latest 21.02-SNAPSHOT works great for me on my wrt3200acm, but I never keep old configuration and the router gets rebuilt from scratch on first boot using a script in /etc/uci-defaults. Maybe there was a config change and it is not config-compatible with rc3?

2 Likes

Just tried fourth release candidate for a TP-Link RE450-V3, and everything runs pretty well, is allot more stable than stock firmware from TP-Link, want to thank developing team for this.

RC4 is working great for me on WRT32X (virtually the same hardware as yours), 4 day uptime.

Link to my setup from above:

Summary

OpenWrt 21.02.0 Fourth release candidate - #11 by phinn

1 Like

True to that! I have also noticed that the wrt3200acm temperature dropped from 60..70C to 50..60C range compared to 19.07.

1 Like

You could always use chef.libremesh.org to generate a firmware that for sure includes LuCI :wink:

2 Likes