OpenWrt 21.02.0 Fourth release candidate

Might want to edit the front page... :smiley:

3 Likes

Does this release candidate 4 comes with Luci embedded? I was talking about factory build, the new you install over stock firmware.

Please please provide librt package it's still missing from the repositories and i still can't install siproxd:

I already mentioned this in the previous RC Stages.

3 Likes

Yes LuCI is included pretty much all release builds including this one.

Thanks for your reply, gonna try it :slight_smile:

Our community mesh network has still some errors with ipq40xx devices and the switch. The switch just freezes/breaks, not sure what exactly is happening. WiFi is still working and ip is still showing all interfaces as active.

OLSR is announcing:

OLSR: sendto IPv4 'Resource temporarily unavailable' on interface eth0.22

So the tx direction seems broken:

When the message does not fit into the send buffer of the socket, send() normally blocks, unless the socket has been placed in non-blocking I/O mode. In non blocking mode it would return EAGAIN inthis case."EAGAIN is the error code tied to "Resource temporarily unavailable"
https://linux.die.net/man/2/send

It is often appearing if links changes happen. Rebooting switches that are connected to the device or adding new links.

There is also some similar issue that has to do with segmentation. I hoped that already a DSA driver would replace the sw-driver. However, that will not happen. I already wrote with another openwrt dev. This issue is very hard to reproduce but it happened several times (Fritz!Box 4040, Fritz!Box 7530). Maybe someone else also experienced similar issues?

1 Like

still have the following error in logs:

daemon.err hostapd: nl80211: kernel reports: key addition failed

2 archer c7v2 in fast roaming configuration.

1 Like

so anyone can test this with mediatek chipset that is getting memory leak? so far its still happening no matter what firmware version it is.

tested on Xiaomi Router 4a 100M, memory usage gets higher and higher as time passes by even if the router is basically idling with 1 connected wifi device just constantly pinging the router until it basically stops responding. Same issue with Newifi 3 D2, as well as Xiaomi Router 4a Gigabit Edition. Only rebooting this routers can fix this memory leaks.

1 Like

Everything was working fine on my TP-Link Archer C7 v5 after the upgrade. Few hours later, the wireless became disabled and I cannot enable it even after a reboot.

2 Likes

No issue on my router (xiaomi 4a gig) with openwrt 21.02-rc3

Thank you for the release candidate 4. I'll make an ImageBuilder's image with ath10k-non-ct drivers and test it on my Archer C7 v2|5's.

On my kernel log for my TP-Link Archer C2600 still getting this:

[11133.736780] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: htt tx: fixing invalid VHT TX rate code 0xff

1 Like

Made some changes to my previous setup.

• Added a 4GB RPI4 + TPLink UE300 as my main router, running 21.02.0-rc4.
  • Upgraded both of my Archer C7 v4 units from 19.07.8 to 21.02.0-rc4, interface migration went well (took two steps in LuCI), turned my previously main router into another dumb AP and made some tweaks to its switch VLAN port config, so far so good.

Had some 5GHz related instability in 21.02.0-rc1 that's gone now.

With more CPU power and memory available, I then set up Unbound + adblock on the RPI4 as to have redundant DNS alongside my RPI3 running Pihole + Unbound + Home Assistant, same blocklists. Couldn't be happier with the upgrade. I'm now free to upgrade to a faster connection in the future.

I'll look into setting up 802.11k,v + DAWN up next now that I'm off 19.07 for proper roaming and band steering

1 Like

That's actually a beast setup, potentially faster SoC than any of our all-in-one routers (even mvebu). What are you using for WiFi AP though just the C7? I'd like to read about a good WiFi 6 AP paired with a Pi4.

Yes, just my C7s as APs with the RPI4 doing all the heavy lifting. Not using any dedicated switch for the Pi, just the C7's included 5 port gigabit switches. Once you set up the VLANs as required for your needs and a trunk port on each C7 to link it all up, it all works seamlessly.

They make for great APs. Never had a problem with them. Both are overclocked to 1GHz on the CPU, with heatsinks, for a little more grunt. I'm currently on a 50/50mbps FTTH connection, could upgrade to the 300/300mbps service next. We'll see.

For sure these faster connections have outgrown what the single core MIPS CPU in these devices can do if you want all the bells and whistles (SQM...), it was time for an upgrade.

Love the RPI4, couldn't get one until now, but sure had a few ideas pop up in my mind back when it was released and made a thread about it :smiley:

The Pi4 would love some WiFi 6 APs though. Doesn't break a sweat handling a gigabit connection... SQM or not, encryption or not, it doesn't care. Doesn't need offloading of any kind. Powerful little thing. You had to go x86 at higher power for such feats.

2 Likes

Hi.
For each new device, someone benevolent need to study the hardware, booting and partitioning, find drivers (etc). It requires a lot of skills and time. This is done when a volunteer choose to do this, for example when (s)he buy or borrow the device.

My BT Home Hub 5A doesn't appear to be too happy, it's totally rebooted itself a few times since upgrade yesterday.....last one was 30 minutes ago

if you like the Pi4. Ever consider this? NanoPi R4S rk3399 4G is a great new OpenWrt device Its nice little toy and with dual ethernet you can make it your primary router (just need a ethernet switch for rest of your lan.) I run seperate ubiquiti wifi APs because they give far better performance than onboard wifi.

The same in my TP-LINK EAP225-Outdoor v1

This problem is as old as mt76 driver; will not be fixed.

1 Like