OpenWrt 2.3GHz - 2.7GHz Channel

por favor abiliten todos los canales desde 2.2-2.7ghz si es posible y lla haci como mismo hace ubikiti y los demas

soy cubano correo osmanydante@gmail.com

When writing in your native language, please always provide an english translation.
This way other users all around the world can take part in the discussion and possibly benefit from the outcome, without having to use a translator.

2 Likes

brother I have an M2 bullet and I installed the openwrt but with that firmward does not give me all the frequencies there is some way like in AIROS of ubikiti to make it compilance test

What frequencies (channels) are you lacking?

Only 1-13 (and 14 too in Japan) should be operational on a consumer WiFi device.

uploaded mostly random chosen test images on ar71xx 4.9 kernel:

NEW: rt2800usb supported

RT3070 and RT5370 (or is it RT5390?) work, if you have different card leave a follow-up feedback

links dead

4 Likes

Can you pld upload a ubnt xw image for tlwn841nd, NSM2 and similars, great work

I liked that one!

images are >4MB so they can't fit these devices, and ubiquity are mostly outdoor devices without USB port. if you want ath9k only the patches are publicly available so you can build image yourself

I changed my device to GL-MT300N. Is there any option to run 2.3-2.7Ghz here.
Here say my country allowed to use it.

Blockquote[quote="lleachii, post:15, topic:5213"]
While this is IN FACT illegal without a license or Special Temporary Authority from the FCC in the US...I will refer you to 2 resources:

http://www.broadband-hamnet.org/

https://www.aredn.org/

I know for a fact, there have been some Amateur Radio Operators able to access Channels "-2," "-1" and "0" (which channels are completely within the 2.4 GHz licensed Amateur Radio band). I am aware, this is on the other side of the band than you're interested in (below 2.4, not above). Nonetheless, I spoke to the head developer of AREDN to get the information patched into OpenWRT, she never responded to me.

I'm also not certain that either project uses a public code repo. Both projects seem highly rewritten from a version of Kamikaze. Broadband-Hamnet is in fact a stripped-down OpenWRT.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that AREDN is based off of OpenWrt, even recently updated their code base to 18.06.x.

Lots of interesting assumptions in this thread.

People need to understand their PHYSICAL layers.

The limits and conditions end up not so easy to change, unlike code changes. Radios, antennas are hardware, designed and optimized for a range of frequencies. Moving too far from that will either not work well to not at all. Covering just a channel width or 3 off the edge of an intended band is one thing (especially if they are still part of "wifi" in some countries) covering "2.3 to 2.7ghz" is hundreds of channel widths off of the design frequencies.

I also wonder about the ease some have with allocation rules. Basically, the argument seems to be "I can park my car on my neighbors lawn, he has space" or similar. You probably wouldnt appricate being that neighbor.

To be clear, at of the time of my original writing, it was based off of Kamikaze.

Also, please verify that the channels in questions are available on their (AREDN) 18.06.x builds, I don't think they are.

Also, allow me to clarify that - I was referring to BBHN's codebase (still Kamikaze).

https://www.arednmesh.org

Yep, guess that was a while ago. It's been upgraded to 18.06.2 base since right after the release. Not sure how far back the OWrt switch happened.

On the main page, there's a news bit about the latest release. Also in the rotating graphics there's images showing the channel/freq coverage over the 3 bands that are covered.

1 Like

v1 or v2 ?

LEDE patches:
ath9k: Custom channels for streaming or link
For Ubuntu:
ath9k: Custom channels for streaming or link (Part 2)

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.