OpenWrt 19.07.x ath79 tiny LuCI

Tiny 19.07.4

OpenWRT 19.07.4 compiled. More device targets this time.
Download location is almost the same - just another directory.

1 Like

Thank you!

Works like a charm

1 Like

Can you add some firmwares for 941nd v5 and 840n v2. Thanks.

Sorry, but they appear not ported from ar71xx architecture, that's been deprecated. Unfortunately 941n v5 hardware looks different to v4 or v6 according to TOH page, so I can't recommend you to flash any of these these either.

Hi,

Installed on wr841nd v11, but have problems with DHCP, one client connected everything fine, when second client connects via wifi, it does not get IP address and first device loses internet connection.

Hello, is it recommended to use this build on a TL-WR941ND v3.2? There is no file for v3 available, but based on the comment below written on Feb 17, can I safely use the upgrade file for TL-WR941-v2?

"Yesterday I tried another image to flash - the device was TL-WR941ND v3.6. Although it reported back as incompatible, I successfully flashed the TL-WR941-v2/v3 version over it using CLI with force. The device compatibility ID changed as v2 and v3 were identical."

According to source code here https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/v19.07.4/target/linux/ath79/dts/ar9132_tplink_tl-wr941-v2.dts
model states "TP-Link TL-WR941N/ND v2/v3", so rev 2 version should be compatible with rev 3. I have done it earlier and would advise you to do it if you ever want any more updates for this device.
Remember to reset to factory settings when switching from platform ar71xx.

Thanks, I was able to flash "openwrt-ath79-tiny-tplink_tl-wr941-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" via the web interface over ethernet (and making sure not to keep prior configuration) with no issues. Thanks a lot for the quick response and for your work on this!

Thanks, this works great on a TP-Link TL-WR841N/ND v9. Great also to have included include relayd! (Kind of important since OPKG is missing.)

If you do have space to spare, I'd welcome having etherwake, but that's truly optional.

1 Like

Please include TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 / Atheros AR9344 rev 2

it has very limited space and I am just using it as range extender (and lan)

The TL-WDR3600 is an 8/128 device, there is no reason at all to declare it as tiny (you should have around 3.8 MB free space on a 19.07.x release build, that's almost twice its total flash size). 20.xy.z will be tighter, due to the inclusion of a ssl/ tls library by default (to support WPA3 and luci over https), but even that will still fit with some limited margin.

1 Like

Yes right now it is as you just described but I removed the ppp related packages myself and I have to do so every time I do an upgrade, but my main idea is to free up a bit more space for some other packages like DNSCrypt etc... Thank you for your input!

@Ashus
Reporting that build 19.07.4 works well on my 4/32 TL-WR741ND v4 as a router with DHCP connection from ISP. Waiting for new builds for experiments.Thanks Ashus.

Another request: I'd love to use wget --header with this version. I think you might need to add ENABLE_FEATURE_WGET_LONG_OPTIONS for this (compare https://github.com/brgl/busybox/blob/master/networking/wget.c), would this be possible?

OpenWRT 19.07.5 compiled.
Download location is almost the same - just another directory.

@bers I tried to turn this flag on directly, but compilation warned me about configuration out of sync and then make menuconfig switched it back off. Try to compile it yourself - you can use my attached config.

1 Like

Thanks for trying, though! Compiling this myself will be a holiday-season project :wink:

Thank you, just upgraded my TL-WR841v8 to .5 .

Thanks for the tiny builds, my TP-Link TL-wr740N v4 is working great.

Any chance WireGuard can be added to a tiny image for a 4/32 device?

Tiny 19.07.6