OpenWrt 19.07.5 service release

Working fine on Netgear R7800 and EX6100v2 for several days now.

Run also into opkg update problems aftter an sysupgrade to 19.07.5 (settings kept) although internet is working fine:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.5/targets/ipq806x/generic/packages/Packages.gz

isn't available, not from router
Failed to send request: Operation not permitted

nor from client...time out

wget from router gives me:

Failed to allocate uclient context

PS: Trying to disable IP6 on wan...didn't help. What helped: Different backup router already on 19.07.5 ;- )

same here, problem with packages on web Gui and ssh..
also, the policy based routing works but the PBR page is frozen with the new build

New OpenWrt user here, got a Archer A7 v5.0 EU day before.
I was successfully able to directly install 19.07.5 from TP-Link GUI, it came with firmware 1.0.11 Build 20190810 rel.50990(4555) on it.
Thank you devs and users!

Surprisingly it turns out that in /etc/config/hosts I had an entry

176.9.48.73 downloads.openwrt.org

after deletion ....you guess it. Probably entered long ago and forgotten while I had DNS problems

Is there any expectation for this build to consume more memory (equally configured) compared to 19.07.4?

On an Archer C7v2, I've noticed the free memory average about 10MB less than it normally does since I've installed it. I happen to have daily reports of memory (among other things) in email, so it's easy to know what it usually is.

While it's still in the 30's, it's normally in the 40's. That is after a day or two (it's a busy router).

Hi,
upgrade CPE210v3 from 19.07.4 to 19.07.5 was not ok, no wifi at all. Downgrade to 19.07.4 was ok.

It is likely due to wireguard.

When I used factory img without keeping settings, it worked with restoring from backup.

Successful sysupgrade on TP-Link Archer C6 v2 from 19.07.4.
Confirmed features: keep config, WDS, VLAN, opkg, sqm.
Thanks, devs !

When you flash a new image (even if keeping settings), the packages you installed after flashing the previous version do not get installed. So, you might end with some settings that require packages that you have not installed. In this case, you can flash without keeping settings, or you can use the image builder and add all the required packages to your image.

On EA/MR8300 also, 10MB more ram used and increasing as days go by...

Does it happen to be a very heavily used network (lots of devices) like the Archer C7v2 that I mentioned? Because I have another household with this build, but on a WNDR3800, and it sees a very small number of devices and only very rare Wifi.

No memory change with it, despite being configured all but identically (even the same packages) as the Archer.

Usage, especially Wifi, is the only difference I can figure.

Mostly WiFi here

Upgraded my 4040 just now, this time it went well: I guess bug 3239 may be closed, right?

upgraded my xiaomi r3p a few days ago, became unstable (constant high load even though it wasn't doing anything special -- i.e., only doing things that worked fine on 19.07.3).

I think the -CT drivers need to be switched to the normal or small buffers drivers for this router. I get way better performance when I switch to the normal drivers manually.

Do you have a link with more on that?

Yes ;- )

No longer pending. Install and configuration as router, firewall and WAP with HTTPS for luci was without problem. Loaded openwrt-19.07.5-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-a7-v5-squashfs-factory.bin straight from the TP-LINK firmware.

Yes, I do.