OpenWrt 19.07.4 service release

the latter is not a complete log.
please also open a bug report at bugs.openwrt.org with detailed information.

sorry about that, I didn't this was the place to paste such a thing.
in the meantime i've reverted back to 07.03 so can't get another log.

Sure you can.. sysupdate again, get the log. :slight_smile:

Zyxel Armour Z2 NBG6817 locks up anywhere from 1-2 times a day, or sometimes it can go a week. But the lights will freeze and I have to do a hard reboot as it does not respond to SSH/Luci.

Test a current master snapshot, it should be fixed there (there is a known issue in 19.07.x and below with stmmac and a certain type of jumbo frames on the network, this is fixed in kernel >= v4.19, but hasn't been identified and backported to v4.14 in 19.07.x).

I have tried, I always get dependency errors with the snapshot. Today I tried and i couldn't even install Luci due to dependency issue with "cgi-io" missing.

Snapshots are NOT release 19.07.4, they are daily snapshots...

1 Like

Archer c7 ver1 und v2 ...läuft

2 Likes

It was not. There is some discussion here about possibly fixing this in the next release though:
http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-November/032054.html

x86 PC with tp-link ath9k based PCI device

07:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0032] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
        Memory at f7c00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        Expansion ROM at f7c80000 [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/4 Maskable+ 64bit+
        Capabilities: [70] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel
        Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
        Kernel driver in use: ath9k
        Kernel modules: ath9k

tested versions 19.07.1-19.07.4 - they all load ath9k without any errors in dmesg
but "iw scan" quickly return nothing. tcpdump on monitor port also return nothing. device doesnt receive anything
on snapshot build with kernel 5.4 all works fine, despite the build itself is heavily broken at the moment (missing vital packages due to build errors)
device also works in ubuntu with kernel 5.9 without problems

1 Like

In order to save space, support for 'PC' ath9k cards has been compiled out of the ath9k kernel module. This has only recently (last 3 weeks) been changed (selectively for x86_64, which is not space constrained) in master/ snapshots (but not 19.07).

If you do want to support these cards in 19.07, you'll have to rebuild it from source, with the corresponding config symbol to support these cards enabled (ATH9K_SUPPORT_PCOEM).

3 Likes

were you able to fix this? I want to upgrade to this version but I wanted to check for any issues first