OpenWrt 19.07.4 service release

Hi,

The OpenWrt community is proud to announce the newest service release in the 19.07 stable series: OpenWrt 19.07.4. It focuses on stability and device support.

Selected highlights of this service release are:

• fix regression in libubox causing some services to fail to start
  • fix regression in the LuCI web interface: the menu was not showing newly installed opkg packages
  • fix a bug in musl that could crash applications in rare circumstances. Fastd, a VPN daemon, seems to be particularly affected by this bug
  • fix support for several devices that failed to boot
  • many other fixes and improvements to device support
  • update core components (linux kernel, mac80211, ath10k-ct-firmware)

Full release notes and upgrade instructions are available, as well as a detailed list of all changes since 19.07.3. Make sure to read the regressions and known issues before upgrading.

For latest information about the 19.07 series, refer to the wiki page.

To download a OpenWrt 19.07.4 firmware image for your device, head to the Table of Hardware or navigate directly in the list of firmware images.

Finally, we have a new mailing list for important announcements and security advisories. Announcements should also be posted to this forum section.

As always, a big thank you goes to all our active package maintainers, testers, documenters, and supporters.

Have fun!

The OpenWrt Community

40 Likes

You can use this topic to share your upgrading experience: did it work, did you run into issues?

In case of issues, please check for existing topics in https://forum.openwrt.org/c/general/6 (or create a new one) and then post here to provide a summary and a link. Let's keep this topic as readable as possible.

Just upgraded to my Archer C7 v2 but I keep having to switch to the regular qca988x firmware to get better throughput. No issues other than that.

2 Likes

Idid clean install on Asus rt-n56u vB. All is fine, much awaited release.
I have wpa3 working in mixed wpa2-psx mode

Thanks to all the OpenWrt devs, for all your hard work on getting this build out.

4 Likes

Upgraded 2x R7800 and an Archer C7 v5 from 19.07.3 to.4 without problems.
Keep up the good work.

VLAN isolation doesn’t not work on ipq40xx:

3 Likes

Throughput? What's the margin? I run some Archer C7 v2 devices, and they run fine on the default firmware.

Edit: 19.07.4 - excellent work! 19.07 release has been really solid since .1

1 Like

Thank you very much to all the developers involved! Flashed my DIR-860L with no issues to report. Will report back after I've had some time to play around with this new version, but so far things are looking really solid!

luci no longer work on my tplink wdr3600 with this update.

Updated 3 devices from 19.07.3 > 19.07.4 today. All were successful.

• Linksys E3000 (brcm47xx)
  • Ubiquiti RouterStation Pro (ath79)
  • TP-Link TL-WR902ACv1 (ar71xx) -- sysupgrade image is now fixed (broken on all prior 19.07.x release builds - context here)

Is https://openwrt.org/about/history going to get updated?

2 Likes

Upgraded a TP-Link re450v1 (ar71xx) from 19.07.3 to 19.07.4 without issue
Fot re450v1 I could not find the ath79 build I initialy wanted to update to.

Upgraded a TP-Link re450v2 (ath79) from 19.07.3 to 19.07.4 without issue

Done, 19.07.4 added.

5 Likes

Just sys-upgraded my TP-Link c2600v1.1 device from 19.07.3 > 19.07.4, excellent work!

Upgrade a Xiaomi R3G v1 (ramips) from 19.07.3 to 19.07.4 without issue.

Netgear R8000 upgraded from 19.07.3 to 19.07.4, no problems

well one thing is for certain... the build / download infrastructure is performing very well indeed...

big pat on the back to the maintainers and modders at the back end that put in the hard yards to ensure that data is where is should be, when it should be... and delivers in a responsive and predictable manner...

2 Likes

Awesome work developers, I've been waiting for this release. :slight_smile:

19.07.3 upgraded to 19.07.4 with config wipe on my WRT1900ACS. (I wanted to start over with a fresh config.)

My only issue was the 2.5 and 5 GHz wireless guest interfaces were not bridged in the guest network during setup with LuCI. This may be a new normal and I've added checking this to my setup document.

Works great! Updated my vintage TP Link WDR 4300 from 19.07.3 via sysupdate and finally got around to switch an Ubiquiti UAC LITE AP to openwrt. Also enabled 802.11r, looks promising