OpenWrt 19.07.2 Can't find/install rrdtool on RPi 3B v1.2

I have installed OpenWrt 19.07.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3B v1.2, works awesome. However, I have been having trouble installing some packages because it is reporting "unknown package". opkg install rrdtool specifically is my current concern. I have a few others, but first things first. Lots of other packages install no issues. I tried rrdcollect (seen in another forum, but same problem) I did get collectd to install after an update. Thoughts?

What made you to think that rrdcollect would be available in OpenWrt?

There is an ancient version of rrdtool, which is used for LuCI statistics and installed along collectd (which is the backbone for the statistics).

You should get that rrdtool version by installing collectd, which would pull is also that rrdtool. Or you should be able to install it separately by "opkg install rrdtool1".

Note that the version is ancient 1.0.0.50 that is still used due to its small size.

@hnyman I am rebuilding a project that was done on a different device and I'm following the not so clear instructions from the git readme files. I tried rrdtool1 and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.