OpenWrt 19.07.0 installation on EdgeRouter X SFP

Hi. I encounter some issues with the installation of OpenWrt 19.07.0 on EdgeRouter X SFP. The Ubiquiti software displays this version: EdgeRouter X SFP v1.10.7
As the documentation advises, I downloaded this image and copied it on the edgerouter (via eth1). The add system image command fails:

root@ubnt:/tmp# add system image openwrt-19.07.0-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-sfp-initramfs-kernel.bin
Checking upgrade image...Upgrade image does not support the device. Upgrade failed.
/tmp

Am I missing something? (or perhaps the tutorial is outdated?)

Also, it seems that I do not have sysupgrade but a lot of forum posts use it. Is it possible this command has been replaced by something else?

root@ubnt:/tmp# sysupgrade
bash: sysupgrade: command not found

Thank you for your help

FYI I get the same error with the edgerouter X ( not SFP) when trying to install the snapshot with sysupgrade.

unfortunately the tar is returning a 404 file not found when trying to download, so not upgrading right now I guess.

EDITED:

Whooppps... are you trying to install openwrt or updrade a current openwrt image???
I'm talking about sysupgrade - seems like your may be trying to upgrade from stock to Openwrt. Not same issue :confused:

I try to install openwrt. I noticed that the sysupgrade command was not available on the ubiquiti OS.

The issue seems to be because recent images are too large.
I could finally install OpenWRT 19.07 by first installing 18.06 with this image.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.