OpenWrt 19.07.0 first stable release

Thank you very much for this new release. Migrated my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1 to ath79. My ZyXEL NBG6617 now uses a release instead of a snapshot and can make use of opkg packages again. Keep up that great work.

Upgraded five Meraki MR24 access points from 18.06.5 to 19.07.0 using LUCI with "Keep settings" checked. The first touch on the Network->Wireless GUI page after each update triggered an automatic config edit to name two anonymous wireless interfaces; with that the old configs (2 VLANs, 2 radios, 4 SSIDs) came across perfectly. All working great, many thanks to devs!

This is not a bug, but intended behavior. IPv4 port scanning behavior is governed by INPUT rules, since these scan the IP of the router, since your computer behind the router is NATed. Since INPUT is always about a single zone, the zone's rules are used.

For IPv6 port scanning, since there is no NAT, your computer's IP address is used, and hence FORWARD rules are important. Zone's FORWARD rules are used if traffic is being forwarded between interfaces that are within the same zone. During this port scan, we have forward traffic from the WAN interface in the WAN zone, to the br-lan interface in the LAN zone. It makes no sense to look at either zone's forward rule in that case, since they don't have to be the same.

So for forwarding traffic between interface that reside in different zones, the general settings are used. This explains the discrepancy between my IPv4 port scan and IPv6 port scan, since they are governed by INPUT rules and FORWARD rules respectively, and hence different behavior is expected.

Hardware flow offloading also seems to be broken on the master branch, so unfortunately this is a known issue. Bug is being tracked here, for those who are interested: https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2632&string=offload&type[0]=&sev[0]=&pri[0]=&due[0]=&reported[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=open&percent[0]=&opened=&dev=&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=

Unfortunately this release has issues with Atheros switches.

For now, it is not recommended to upgrade to 19.07

@bjonglez What do you think of extending the Known issues with those that come up only now, e.g. Atheros switch issues mentioned above?

I think this would be helping users when making decisions whether to update to 19.07.0, or maybe wait for 19.07.1.

See also 19.07.0, luci-app-statistics, memory module not working anymore

Just did the upgrade from 18.06.5 ar71xx to 19.07 ath79 from LuCi web interface, no problem. Thanks for the great work

Actually the issue came up almost a year ago already as you can see in one of the bug reports. Unfortunately though, there hasn't been done anything about it.

Thanks for noticing, it's definitely a good idea.

We can't list any and all issues though, so I have also added a link to the bugs reports assigned to 19.07: Open bug reports for 19.07

2 Likes

I wonder why ath79 tiny target like tl-mr3040, or tl-841-v8 didn't build by the bot.

It does build from me with default config.

A post was split to a new topic: Unbrick CPE510-v3

Hi Geof,

thanks for your tests and help!

I've done the same on my WRT32X now and it works fine. So for me 19.07.0 is now also working like a charme with 6 Wifi, different VLANs and >30 clients.

Many thanks for all the hard work of the OpenWrt community!

Best regards
Robert

Hi,
i'm newbie and have stupid question.
Im running OpenWrt 18.06.5 r7897-9d401013fc / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-19.309.48729-bc17ef6) and i want upgrade to 19.07.
I found this file for my router. How to upgrade from 18.06 to 19.07?
I need move to stock FW ? OR on openwrt admin page flash this file netgear_r7800-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Please help me.

Unless you read somewhere that for this particular router you need such thing, which is very unlikely, the answer is no.

You can generally upgrade from the admin page or from the SSH command line.

Please, for future, if you have more questions or comments that's are not directly about your feedback about 19.07, start a new topic.

@tmomas if you want to split this reply out.

2 Likes

When coming from 18.06.x, this works just fine.

1 Like

Thank all for reply.
I was successful upgrade from v18.06.5 to 19.07 without problem.
All setting was working fine.
All installed pakage was lost.
let's test 19.07 on R7800. Many thank.

1 Like

First time using OpenWRT and installed x86 no problem.
Working great!

1 Like

Just a heads up: I am running adblock and an unbound & odhcpd only environment. Today after around 12 hours no internal name resolution possible (external fine), although /tmp/hosts/odhcpd was filled. I was given a nxdomain error. I stopped adblock, restartet and all was fine.

Coincidentally a upgrade is available:
unbound-control - 1.9.6-2
unbound-daemon - 1.9.6-2
libunbound - 1.9.6-2

System R7800
1/20/2020
Still having some wan odhcpd / unbound / network problems.....
Another upgrade is available:
unbound-control - 1.9.6-3
unbound-daemon - 1.9.6-3
libunbound-light - 1.9.6-3
A little bit difficult to upgrade because libunbound changed to libunbound-light

I upgraded from 18.06 to 19.07 but this new one doesn't support Wireguard Protocol
I installed packages and when I wanted to config wireguard in the interfaces, there wasn't this protocol!!
Am I missing something?

Working fine for me. Did you install Luci-app-wireguard as well?

2 Likes