OpenWrt 19.07.0 first stable release

Yup opkg update solved the problem. Did you update something, my last update was only a day or two ago.

Didn't bring up 6to4 though, will need to look into it when I get home. I guess its the script /lib/netifd/proto/6to4.sh that brings up 6to4 ipv6? If so I'll run it by hand and check what errors I get ...

On Monday I updated my TRENDnet TEW-692GR from 18.06.05 to this stable release... so far so good.
Thanks!

without realizing there was a difference between ar71xx and ath79 (which I still don't know exactly the difference is.. lol) I installed the ar71xx build on my Tp-link Archer C7 v2 (fresh config). Everything appears to be functioning well.. seems a bit slower.. but that could be cause I'm using unbound as my primary DNS-Forwarder with dnsmask for local traffic.

Anyways, would it make a difference if I upgraded to the ath79 image at this point? Could I do so using sysupgrade and KEEP my settings?

Thanks

You need to not save settings when switching between targets. If you have too much settings and your router is currently working well then you can wait for the next release to switch.

1 Like

I've noticed that ath79 runs faster internet than ar71xx on my Archer C7 V2. If you are up to it, you could flash the ath79 without keeping settings and reenter your configuration.

1 Like

i use ath10k for AP, but toying around with mt7621 for a rounter, see comment in performance related thread: [18.06.4] speed fix for BT HomeHub 5a

Installed in a wrt1900acs with sysupgrade from 18.06.4 without problems.

HG556a boot broblem. Help

1 Like

the same problem

I just did a sysupgrade for Archer-C7-v2 with this image "openwrt-19.07.0-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" and everything is good so far
and I think the 5ghz problem is finally fixed too

I've just flashed OpenWrt 19.07.0 r10860-a3ffeb413b / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch git-20.006.26738-35aa527 software on
my TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v2 router. (Upgrade route)

System -> Administration looks different now - there is no Dropbear configuration, keys storage, etc, just password change prompt.

Is there a separate package for Dropbear configuration now ? (Package dropbear is installed)

There are 3 different tabs on that page: Router password (you are there), ssh access and ssh keys :slight_smile:

Strange, mine has just one:

Probably i need to move to ar79 architecture... or do clean install.

With
openwrt-19.07.0-ath79-generic-tplink_tl-wr1043nd-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
result seems to be the same.

EDITING POST...

Hello people...

Sorry for any inconvenience...

I arrived at my house and came straight to look at the router ...
There he was with 18 hours of uptime ...
Only the DDNS service failed and stopped ...
I believe it can only be his graphical interface, as it is slow to be triggered / clicked.
I decided to remove the graphical interface and leave the service running only in "text mode" and then, observe how everything behaves.

Thank you all

Apologies for "bumping" my problem with 19.07 on my no-longer-supported 4/32 device, but I thought I'd mention the "overlay not persistent" problem here in this thread in case my original thread hasn't been noticed.

I managed to compile a <4mb squashfs image of 19.07 by removing a few programs/features I did not need, and ended up with a 3.1mb image for my Netgear EX2700 (ramips). 19.07 runs great on it, however the overlay isn't persistent despite the squashfs image being far from 4mb in size, so it loses config on reboot. I'd be thankful for any suggestions on what's causing it and how I might be able to resolve the problem.

My original thread with a few more details is here: [19.07] EX2700/ramips, overlay not persistent despite squashfs image <4mb

See your own thread.

A Shift + Ctrl + R might help, maybe this is an issue of stale cache.

If not, then SSH in to adjust the settings you need. The wiki has the configuration thoroughly documented.

Too bad they didn't add tl-wr940n, because I needed to compile and it worked normally.
But I forgot to update and install the feeds.

Did not helped. Cannot get to ssh, since it was disabled in my config.
I've also tried removing and installing package - it does not work as well.

I would probably make a backup - untar archive and edit configs (merge with _opkg ones) and remove my crappy ones and will flash it back again.