OpenWrt 19.07.0 and OpenWrt 19.07.1 bug

Extensions?

1 Like

What would understand , I offer to you install extensions in pure profile and test on side. If you all work - to I not understand what do.

All my extensions https://dropmefiles.com/HVCBp

I am asking if you have disabled all of your extensions. Although I am willing to test on FF73 when I have some time, I do not want to install extensions into my system. I am trying to help you identify the root-cause for the issue -- you seem to be one of the few people experiencing it, so it is important for you to do some basic troubleshooting first.

Since you are experiencing the issue, you should start by disabling all of your extensions and running the tests again. If your issue doesn't happen, start re-enabling the extensions one by one to figure out which one(s) are responsible for the problem. If you can identify some specific extensions that cause the issue, it would then be possible to understand if this is a bug with Firefox, the extension(s), or OpenWrt.

1 Like

No , I this not does , because I use very more tabs and if only disable Simple Tab Groups, recive garbage and not opportunity work in browser. Yes , I probably crazy , because use ~350 opened tabs in multiple groups.

I think that you have too many things going on to properly troubleshoot the issue. You must reduce the problem to something that is easily reproducible by other people.

You do not seem to be making a good faith effort to properly troubleshoot this issue, and you are instead telling us to install your extensions and open hundreds of tabs and so on. You must prove to us that this is actually a bug with openwrt and not something caused by your extensions or hundreds of tabs.

Not therefore , if was be IPv6 worked without problems - I maked this expirence , but , in my case this expirience gives problem with IPv6-PD. This another one problem because of which I not want touch hardware.
As can see, me need solve two problems. First for offloading router , second for normally recive Prefix Delegation. In this OpenWRT 18.06.5-18.06.7 and IPv6 I thinked what solved , but learned what problem me yet have.

I still do not believe that this is an OpenWrt bug. I think you may be experiencing the issue as a result of other things you have configured on your computer/browser combined with a very unusual sequence of opening and closing tabs and navigating to the OpenWrt router page. Even if it is a bug, it is such a corner-case that it is extremely unlikely that many other people will experience it and even less likely that it will be fixed.

You cannot expect the community here to perform the testing and debug for you when you have not done the reasonable and logical things that have been asked of you to verify the specific conditions that produce this issue.

There is nothing else I (or likely anyone else here) can do for you until you have tested with all of your extensions disabled and with all of your tabs closed except for the tabs specifically related to reproducing the issue you are seeing with the OpenWrt LuCI pages.

psherman
Good , what would I do so as you say , me need help.

I will describe problem in here OpenWRT 18.06.5-18.06.7 and IPv6 and beg help.

• I advise stop refreshing the page over and over.
  • Also, I'm noticing that when you return the main page, you appear to be logged out - that isn't happening to me.

I am unable to reproduce you issue on OpenWrt 19.07.1 r10911-c155900f66 .

Screenshot from 2020-02-18 17-20-10

Correction:

I do see it; but only after loading the Overview Page 9 times in very fast succession at once. Refreshing in a few seconds loads the page.. I wouldn't classify this as a bug.

I can also reproduce on:

• OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r12230-5715b21f80
  • on OpenWrt 18.06.7 r7976-ca47026b7d - the pages freeze until approximately the time I can successfully reload on other versions

Now that I reproduced this behavior: I would say that you are causing the problem by intentionally opening multiple Overview Pages at once

Is there an actual problem you're experiencing?

EDIT: I can also produce this behavior in Chrome.

1 Like

Yes . I say about this. If I open http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/luci/admin/status/overview in time when error - all open normaly

I retest on pure profile , bug if fast close and next open tab all yet have. What need do , for return old method rendering ? If possible , help me )
Was be very good , if will be as render interface , as was be in 18.06 or as have 19.07. I want have offloading. Because I beg help.

It is normal that this red error box can appear if you quickly change pages before stuff finished loading.

As long as it doesn‘t appear by itself or pages never completely load it is no reason for concern.

1 Like

Why do you feel the need to do this, in general? This is not a normal/common use case, and is not really a bug with openwrt - it falls more into the user error type category.
Why is this open/close/open issue so important to you? If you don’t do this sequence repeatedly, there is no problem. So can you just not do this rapid opening and closing of tabs?

1 Like

Because if I save login and password in cookies and after this open tab , then irrelevant as frequancy do this. Error will be and if reopen tab with 192.168.x.1 not frequance. Error in mechanism open tab if not do reautorizing.

Error not will be if logout before when login.

I don’t understand

Why are you opening and closing the tabs so often?

1 Like

No , this be even if I opening tab seldom... for this did not be , me need logout from router. Thus it turns out what need reset cookies in browser linkin with router.

@DIR-825 - Given that you are the only one who has been experiencing this issue, I'm still inclined to suggest that this is a problem with your browswer/environment. I'll point to the fact that you have hundreds of tabs open, and likely rarely/never restart your browser as one potential reason for this issue to be arising for you in the first place. The memory footprint of this situation alone could be why things are getting messed up.

@lleachii was able to reproduce the issue on Firefox and Chrome, but I agree with the assessment that this is not a bug given the relatively extreme measures required to get it to show up in the first place.

Since you seem unwilling/unable to change your usage pattern with Firefox, maybe just use Chrome or something else specifically to access the router, when you need it. If you have only one or a few tabs open and aren't constantly reloading/closing/opening the router page, the memory footprint, session management, cookies, and everything else might not get messed up the way you are seeing with Firefox.

1 Like

I see solver this problem differently :
Simply need in OpenWRT add timeout and if will be overtime , easy request relogin. Time can set as 10 min. If expired 10 minutes , request relogin.

That sounds more like a feature request than a bug fix.

1 Like

But other way I not known. Therefore and I offer add this function.