OpenWrt 19.07.0 and OpenWrt 19.07.1 bug

If you about rechange IP adress 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 - not ) this be always.
Also for this at all not need treason , you need easy open 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and close this tab and through few minutes reopen tab 192.168.x.1... all what you need , this save password in your browser and open tab anew before will be timeout for and relogin.
But connect to ISP recomended. This will be even if you have static IP address from ISP.

I'm trying to reproduce this, but I'm not able to see any issue.

Maybe you can make a video (screen recording) demonstrating exactly what is happening. Upload it to youtube and post the link here.

1 Like

I do this https://dropmefiles.com/qLOwA , and on 19.07 recive bug.
19.07 I install over 18.06 , because in 19.07 there is problem about change IP address... in 19.07 all very confused and I can not make this easy. Everytime as I do this , I have trouble with applying changes.

@DIR-825 - I watched your video but you didn’t actually show the issue you are claiming is a bug.

In order to prove that it is a bug, you must show the exact steps and problems so that other people can understand and reproduce it.

You should start with the default configuration on 19.07.1 and then show the exact steps you took that created the problem. We must be able to see the problem occur. You also need to show the problem happening in more than one web browser.

I do not believe that there is a bug. Instead, I think that the problem is related to the web browser and/or user error.

1 Like

Good. But have some conditions whitch not can be playable.

1. I flash 19.07 only after setting 18.06 and setting in 18.06 network address.
  2. if I flash 19.07 in pure mode , I not can settin network address. Despite what network address applying , difference not saved.

Because of this I do step by step install firmware , first 18.06 and setting this version , next install 19.07 with save settings from 18.06.

Maybe your issue is around the auto-rollback feature.

Read this for more detail.

1 Like

Are you receiving a box that asks you to "Apply uncheked"?

Screenshot_2018-10-01_21-50-38

No. This message if and have then very not constant. Can be , and can not be.
In 18.06 change new IP address apply easy when we to press save and apply button.

It is really hard to understand what issues you are having. Can you describe the exact process (step by step) and results or issues that you see? Maybe another screen recording will best show what is happening.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue:

. It happens in Chrome Version 80.0.3987.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Fedora 31. It does not happen on Firefox Browser 73.0 (64-bit).

It happens right after login and wait to display screen.

dg

This config with errors https://dropmefiles.com/0hwJu , in this config have all besides passwords to Wi-Fi and ISP

Yes , but I have this with FF 70 - 71 - 72 versions , this going on anytime when I close and fast reopen tab with IP address router. I have addons in Firefox which you can see on attachment I'n from Russia , so partialy on russian ) Windows 7 x64 Max

Then fix your browsers.

Here video https://dropmefiles.com/ixy3N
Sorry , but TABS not are placed in top if I use Bandicam.
Instead this there interface Bandicam for control.

Have you updated your browser? Have you tried other browsers?

1 Like

I use latest version Firefox Quantum. Other Browser I not tested , because in 17.x and 18.x this problem not detected. Also you they say what this problem have and in Chrome 80 , only a little different , but linked with links in OpenWRT 19.0.x.

Why do you keep loading the Overview page quickly???

Because in this and there is error.
In 18.06 and older this error not detected.

I suspect that the issue you are seeing is not a bug in OpenWrt, but rather something related to your browser. Take a look at the release notes for 19.07.0 -- of note:

The client side rendering would likely explain this behavior. You also have a number of FF extensions running, it might be worth turning those off to see any of those are responsible for the problem.

I have not been able to reproduce your experience on Safari on a Mac running Mojave, and it was stated earlier that it doesn't happen in FireFox 73.0 (as an aside, there was a major security vulnerability found in FF72, so you really shouldn't be running anything earlier than 72.0.1, or ideally 73).

It is really important to understand that a bug can only be fixed if it is reproducible by enough people to confirm that is in fact a bug (and not a client/browser issue) and to allow the developers to trace the code through the specific conditions that cause the bug to manifest. This requires eliminating all unnecessary variables (extensions, for example), and trying several different browsers to identify which ones/which versions may cause this bug to occur. So far, there are very few indications that the problem lies within OpenWrt itself, so I am not yet willing to consider this behavior a bug.

Good , but there is one circumstance which indicates what tihs bug.
If I input 192.168.x.1 and input login and password - page will opened normally,
If I input 192.168.x.1 and input login and password , open page and click to make for open next tab and next open 192.168.0.1 - page will opened normaly.
But , If I input 192.168.x.1 and input login and password , next open page and next close page and next If I input 192.168.x.1 without logout before I input 192.168.x.1 - I recive error.
Next , if I open in next tab or refresh current tab - I not recive bug.

If I was recive this error always when open web interface 192.168.x.1 - you was be be right , but i recive this error only if open web interface with autoruzing and next close all tabs wilth 192.168.x.1 and next later short time opening 192.168..x.1