OpenWrt 18.06.2 with fail2ban and iptables

they probably 100% closed down 1000 percent.

the reason why the fail 2 ban was not working, was that it was banned right away, but it was a persistent connection to the smtp and that is had no effect, as there was no new connection, now i understand, so the only way is to restart the smtp server and then it could not create new connections.

Which tells me that you should examine the overall structure of your firewall. Thereā€™s a logical flaw that is serious if you canā€™t stop a packet, even if in an ā€œopenā€ connection. My guess is you inserted the rule after the ā€œaccept ct state relatedā€ rule.

1 Like

yes, i am investigating how to close an opened connection from the firewall with fail2ban! there should be somewhere on the net that works.

actually, i investigated, there was another attack, but it is working, i think it took some time to setup , but today there was 3 times trying it and then it banned and there is no trying again. so it works!
fail2ban on Linksys WRT is awesome!

thanks for all the help!!!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.