OpenWrt 18.06.2 Service Release

Seconded.

Rebooted, flashed with settings kept. No luci HTTPS when booted and password auth failed, but ssh worked with key auth.
Installed missing packages, rebooted and when booted there was no luci - HTTP or HTTPS. Login in with ssh, enabled and (re)started uhttpd and luci was back with working password auth.
Everything I've checked so far in addition to wired and wireless functions seems to be working fine: HE.net 6in4 tunnel, DDNS, USM drive with btrfs, minidlna, haproxy, ZNC.

1 Like

Hello,
I was wondering if on Linksys WRT32X there no WiFi issues with Apple devices (iPhone, Airport Express in particular) ?

I am coming from DD-WRT, where there is known WiFi issue with apple devices and there is no fix on the horizon so I decided to try OpenWRT ...

See https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues for a list of pending issues with the mwlwifi drivers.

1 Like

Working flawlessly on my wdr3600. Thanks for the awesome work!

Yup, build system is alot snappier.......

fyi, this has also fixed the issue I was having getting the kernel to build in usb modules. no longer need to slide in overrides....

top work!

Thank you for all your hard work. Running on my WRT32X. Hoping good kernel 4.19 support makes it to the mvebu platform.

A post was split to a new topic: Archer C7 V2 - No LuCI after update from 18.06.1 to 18.06.2

Please open new topics for any problems with 18.06.2 instead of posting them here in the announcement topic.

Thanks.

1 Like

ok. new to this site and such.

rockin since 2 weeks no issues yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

18.06.02 runs great here too...very happy, in WRT 32X with wireguard, dnssec, dnscrypt and some other cool services...very happy!

Doesn't the newest version support Ralink 305x devices???

Wondering if it's possible to build it myself

Thank you

Looks like there are well over 100 devices on the Ralink rt305x target. The Table of Hardware is a great place to find out what the current support is for a device.

https://openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_extended_all?dataflt[CPU*~]=ralink&dataflt[Subtarget*~]=30

If you don't find what you're looking for there or on the wiki (such as downloads.openwrt.org or using the build system), perhaps a thread in the Hardware Questions and Recommendations or the For Developers section (if you're wanting to port to a new device) would be a good plan.

Maybe this is just part of x86_64 but thought it worth asking. Am playing with the x86_64 version in Libvirt / QEMU to build a secure partitioned off set of VMs. Gave it 64MB, which would be enough for a real router. Nope, opkg wouldn't work. 96MB will get it to work on the command line but 128M was needed to get package management in luci to work. Seems a mite excessive.

Have 18.06.1 on a D-Link DIR 825 (Atheros mips32) with only 64MB and everything is is full of winning. Is this just the price of running 64 bit code? Would it be better to swap out for one of the plain x86 versions?

Please open a new topic for your question.

1 Like

Installed 18.06.2 and it is working fine.

The web page for the BT Home Hub 5 is still pointing at the v18.06.1 version (linked 15th June 2019 and I have a suspicion that a lot of pages are on this site are using outdated methods, links and instructions.

Well, you are welcome to update whatever you come across, as long as you are making the correct updates.

"Hard links" to OpenWrt releases are generally discouraged, unless it's a case of, for example, "you must use this, specific one to flash from OEM."

I see that the page you linked has some "historic" information on it, but the most-current should be from the auto-generated table, that typically looks like

1 Like

There's been changes on the page since I mentioned the apparent problem, and there are links to an 18.06.2 download, but my eyes aren't good enough to be sure that anything on that page matches your example. It does look like somebody woke up, but I can't be sure.

1 Like