OpenVPN web interface bugs?

1. My VPN service specifies the following parameters in their OVPN client configuration file, but these options seem to be missing from the OpenVPN web interface:

resolv-retry infinite
mssfix 1450

(in /usr/share/openvpn/openvpn.options these are listed as supported)

2. In the web interface, 'remote_random' box is checked but a remote_random entry does not appear in the saved configuration file at /etc/config/openvpn

3. My VPN client will not start. This forum post mentions an option to enable logging:

option log '/etc/openvpn/log'

However, I cannot find an option to enable logging in the GUI

Any relevant comments appreciated !

luci-app-openvpn git-17.232.21093-079f65a-1
OpenVPN OpenSSL 2.4.3-1

I can confirm the GUI isn't accurate or actual or I can't find all the settings.

That's why I never use it!

Simply goto /etc/config/openvpn and edit your file from the shell.

Or, I use putty to login remotely to the LEDE and edit this file.

In /etc/openvpn I have all the certificates, log and status files..

It's not much work and you don't really need the GUI. The log and status tells you everything in case of errors
but once it's running, it's so stable no need to have a look at it a 2nd time. If you get openVPN up and running on
your LEDE.. know that when vpn connection is down, it's NOT your lede router causing this! the cause is
either your ISP or some routing problem on the internet.

I am running vpn server and vpn clients on lede for almost 2 years now I think. It's really: setup, start service and forget!

Just forget about the GUI.. Not worth it! Just read the log file with the error, fix it.. and that's it. Never have worry about it again.

I'm sure lots of users just edit the config files directly. However, the GUI actually works very nicely too, once you tweak a few things. If you like being able to turn your VPN on and off at will and see its status in the GUI then I'd recommend having a look at a fairly detailed post I did on setting up an OpenVPN Client for PIA. The concepts apply to just about any provider -- with just a bit of initial setup using WinSCP.