Opening 8883 port for MQTT running on gl-mt300a

Warm greetings. I have version 19.07.2 r10947-65030d81f3 on GL-MT300A router. I have a wireless client configuration that connects the router to another wireless router on wan side. I have installed Mosquitto running on port 8883 and clients on lan are able to connect to mosquitto without any problem. I am trying to open port 8883 on wan so that upstream clients can connect to mosquitto. I have tried using the following configuration without any success.

config rule
option target 'ACCEPT'
option src 'wan'
option proto 'tcp'
option dest_port '8883'
option name 'ACCEPT-MQTT'
option enabled '1'

I have been struggling for past few days without any success. I have no knowledge of firewalls or networking. I really appreciate any help or pointers to resolve the issue.

Best regards.

netstat -lnp | grep mosquitto
cat /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf | grep -v '^#' | grep -E '(bind|listen)'

root@MYIOTGW83:~# netstat -lnp | grep mosquitto cat /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.con
f | grep -v '^#' | grep -E '(bind|listen)'
grep: cat: No such file or directory
/etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf:# multiple times, mosquitto can listen on more than one port. If
/etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf:# this case, mosquitto will attempt to bind the listener to that
/etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf:# interface. By default, mosquitto will listen on all interfaces.

does the wifi network you connect to have client isolation enabled by any chance?

The upstream router is identical device with fresh install of openwrt. where do I look for client isolation settings?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.