Online ImageBuilder and Upgrade Server

this is a great tool and service. i've successfully built a customized image for my wrt32x.
thank you!

i ran into a problem building for ar71/ mr16: i tried to add wpad-mash and take away wpad-mini. the build failed with error wpad-mini asking for modules that wpad-mesh had alrady required. this message was generated in the build process whether i put wpad-mesh at the top or bottom oof the list, and whether or not i removed wpad-mini fmr the list. it seems wpad-mini is in the build list no matter what packages are in the package window

thanks again

1 Like

Not clear from your post, have you included the -wpad-mini in the list (notice the preceding minus sign)? Some packages, which are included by default, need to be explicitly excluded (like -dnsmasq dnsmasq-full and -wpad-mini wpad-mesh).

@stangri -
AHA! thank you. i missed the - option to remove a default package.

now, we need an 18.06.1 version selection!

1 Like

Thank you very much @aparcar , I had just created images for my nucom R5010U modems with version 18.06.0, they are working very well, only I had some problems in removing -odhcp and leaving the package odhcpd-ipv6only (the error was mine when wanting to copy the same packages of my tplink mr3220v2). Congratulations for your work.

Amazing work, built my own firmware for very first time yesterday. You sir are awsome!!

@aparcar: I've made a thread about what can be changed in the default configuration to save space and RAM here: Discussion about what can be removed/disabled/shrunk in images

It may be useful for your users if you add the possibility to change them. Most of them are simple yes/no choices.

1 Like

Cool thanks, I'll have a look. I have no problem implementing the possibility to change the default config if it doesnt imply any security issues for the server side

Thanks for the notification, been offline lately. I just added the new release and the ImageBuilders are currently being downloaded and setup. All targets should be available within the next hour.

It is a bit strange that the versions 18.06.0 and 18.06.1 do not include inside the Luci profile, I thought that only snapshot lacked those packages in their respective profiles.

You're right and there is an issue aqui. But as I'm currently the only dev of chef and mainly want to improve the backend that fell a bit short. If anyone has some JavaScript skills I'd be happy for some help. If not I'll try to fis it within the next weeks

EDIT: sorry I misread the question initially. I'll add a button to install luci. However it is not installed by the image builders per default, but only on releases

2 Likes

Thank you. This is a great service!

I appreciate your advice on may issues in the openwrt community.

As it turns out – upgrading to 18.06.1 on wrt32x has complexity if router not on default 192.168.1.1, which I reported on the forum in the main installing/using section. however - your imagebuilder is working great. thank you.

2 Likes

Hi, I added a *flavor" field which allows to define a set of packages to install. Currently only Luci related, but the flavors are easily extendable, please have a look.

The server is doing well online, testing and working correctly, although I am also venturing and learning with the console. Thank you very much for your time.

Liking the new flavor feature, thanks :slight_smile:

Currently getting build errors for snapshot for OpenWrt for WRT32X?

https://as-test.stephen304.com/download/faillogs/faillog-188aab5f7e7e.txt

Never had an issue building before is this something I have to correct or yourself? Thanks in advance.

Tried some other router model builds with snapshot, appears as all snapshot builds irrelavent of router are failing? JFYI.

Thanks for the feedback! I manually reset the ImageBuilder and it seem to work now, see here the created image. I'll have to fix the meta ImageBuilder script.

Thanks v much, appreciated.

Hi, I improved the garbage collector so it automatically removes outdated image requests. Meaning if a snapshot build fails one day, you can retry 24 hours later with a freshly downloaded snapshot.

I created some stats just as a demonstration what data could eventually be extracted from the server to get some additional insights. Feel free to request ideas for additional stat APIs.

As I reset the database just before the stats are somewhat boring. However feel free to create additional images and see how the stats change.

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks very much. Works perfect, just tried a snapshot build that had been failing with no issues. :trophy:

1 Like