Omap platform Flash new firmware image is fail and not support

1:i can find “openwrt/target/linux/x86/base-files/lib/upgrade/platform.sh” and platform Flash new firmware image is success
2:but linux omap not find “openwrt/target/linux/omap/base-files/lib/upgrade/platform.sh” and web ui error"Sorry, there is no sysupgrade support present; a new firmware image must be flashed manually. Please refer to the OpenWrt wiki for device specific install instructions."
3: who can tell me How to do it。

I remember upgrading my beaglebone black when I tested the kernel 4.14 update using webui
can't find it so I can make a test

how to do it .can you detail speark please

I'm so sorry I lost my board around the house, can't find it anymore so I can test a new image, I'll keep looking for it
did you try to extract the files from rootfs https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/omap/generic/openwrt-omap-rootfs.tar.gz and copy the missing files ? and why it is saying x86 ?

target system is linux omap armv17

ok, I found my board, can you give more details how are you doing it, what image are you trying, what board have you ?

I think that the problem is because the rootfs is ext4 and not squashfs or ubifs
I opened a bug report sometime ago https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1034
maybe you can try a manual compile and make a squashfs image and see if it accepts upgrading, I'll do a test to see if the latest build is not failing on squashfs
Regards

actually there are some more small bugs in the target creation, I'll try to fix them

edit:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/869
sysupgrade should work now

Regards

I can add your twitter Facebook or Skype for further communication.
Regards

we can speak here so if someone else has the same problem they can read about it
please tell me what type is your board and what filesystem is your rootfs (I think is ext4)

git clone https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt.git omap
cd omap
wget https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/869.patch
patch -p1 < 869.patch
make menuconfig

select your board and make the image
you could copy the missing files found in target/linux/omap/base-files/ on your board and reboot

/lib/omap.sh
/lib/preinit/40_preinit_do_omap.sh
/lib/preinit/79_move_config
/lib/upgrade/platform.sh

now try to sysupgrade your new built image
maybe using ssh so you can see additional information if there is an error

ssh @ board
cd /tmp
wget <url of your image>
sysupgrade <your image name>

the recommended image type should be squashfs but I will test it first to see if you can flash squashfs over ext4

Regards

1 The file system is squashfs+jffs2, and the board type is similar to BeagleBone Black., and 256M NAND flash is used as storage.
2 Flash new firmware image web ui error “The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform. ”
3 We think the reason is that the firmware content is not correct. We looked at the other MIPS platform, and the firmware name generated is openwrt-ramips-mt7688-LinkIt7688-squashfs-sysupgrade.
The actual generation of openwrt-omap-squashfs
Regards

Our openwrt version is OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1, Linux is 3.18.91.
Regards

do you have a custom board ?
do you use nand, mmc or usb boot ?
can you give me the output of df -hT

edit: sorry I read just the latest post, now I saw the post before

can you give me an dmesg output ?
do you prefer on speaking on PM ?

what outpt do you have on

cat /tmp/sysinfo/model
cat /proc/device-tree/model
and
cat /tmp/sysinfo/board_name
cat /proc/device-tree/compatible

the filename doesn't matter, if you run sysupgrade from console you should see additional informations

edit: sorry Our time difference is not the same
1 do you have a custom board ?
yes

2 do you use nand, mmc or usb boot ?
use nand

3 can you give me the output of df -hT
root@OpenWrt:/# df -hT
Filesystem Type Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs rootfs 243.5M 5.5M 238.0M 2% /
/dev/root squashfs 5.3M 5.3M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs tmpfs 123.3M 220.0K 123.1M 0% /tmp
tmpfs tmpfs 123.3M 80.0K 123.2M 0% /tmp/root
tmpfs tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock7 jffs2 243.5M 5.5M 238.0M 2% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay overlay 243.5M 5.5M 238.0M 2% /

4 can you give me an dmesg output ?
You can see the content of the photo
dmesg-2018-04-17_084910

5 cat /tmp/sysinfo/model
TI AM335x BeagleBone Black

6 cat /proc/device-tree/model
TI AM335x BeagleBone Black

7 cat /tmp/sysinfo/board_name
am335x-boneblack

8 cat /proc/device-tree/compatible
ti,am335x-bone-blackti,am335x-boneti,am33xx

Regards

ok, this looks good

this is a problem because platform.sh script doesn't cover the nand overlay backup (mtdblock7)
but if you can run sysupgrade from ssh or serial console it should tell more useful information about why it can't do sysupgrade and meanwhile I'll try to see how cand the nand be backed up, I tested only on mmc and the memory on my board is seen as mmc also

Regards

1 “sysupgrade openwrt-omap-squashfs.img” based on my openwrt

/sbin/sysupgrade: eval: line 1: export_bootdevice: not found
Unable to determine upgrade device
Image check 'platform_check_image' failed.

2 I get clone your github openwrt "https://github.com/lucize/openwrt.git" and make . install :The log is like the

log-2018-04-17_170816

3 If you can, I can send my code to you to see a Skype.

4 I haven’t finished it for a long time. If you have the time convenient, you can also check my board remotely.

Best Regards

you have some errors with ext4 on mmc0, I think this is a sd card and has some ext4 filesystem leftovers, try to erase all the sdcard content first (full format) and after that write the squashfs image on it

maybe something is missing from sysupgrade, or some more function files needs to be added

Can you give some detailed advice about TI AM335x BeagleBone Black?
Best Regards

with the beaglebone black this is your problem

the sdcard should be full formatted before you write the squashfs image built from my github

Regards

1 Like

Which fat, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT should I format?