Older Revisions, How to Resolve package/feeds Problems?

TL;DR

Is there a robust way to build from "old" commits, even though it appears that the package/feeds trees have changed?

I'm trying to run a git bisect to hope to find out why certain features aren't working and have run across a problem with trying to build on a recent commit.

WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/packages/python/python/Makefile' has a host build dependency on 'zlib/host' but 'package/libs/zlib/Makefile' does not implement a 'host' build type
WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/packages/python/python3/Makefile' has a host build dependency on 'zlib/host' but 'package/libs/zlib/Makefile' does not implement a 'host' build type

Neither of these packages are "set" in .config

I've been through ./scripts/feeds update -a and .scripts/feeds install -a as well as creating .config from a "diffconfig"

When I go to build commit 0da54fa6428ea98d31b49f5d9a4a272214f5d188 (though dated 2012, was introduced in November 2017, from what I can tell), the build eventually fails with a LuCI dependency problem.

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci:
 * 	libuci-lua (>= 2018-01-01) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.

While I can build without LuCI, I'd prefer to have the configuration constant across the testing.

Any suggestions?

My apologies for necrobumping. I realize this question is old, but since it is unanswered and I didn't see another thread with an answer, I thought it might be helpful to add one:

You can build feeds from a particular commit by adding ^$rev to each src-git URL in feeds.conf to build from a particular git revision of the feed. Doing so for all of the feeds based on the date of the commit being bisected is explained in the Selecting hash section of the Build system usage page on the OpenWrt wiki.