I am looking for older davidc502 builds as the newset 22.03 OpenWrt build causes issues and the last davidc502 build is also causing issues. I am looking for build Lede SNAPSHOT r7210-14cb05909a / LuCI Master (git-18.163.61042-b5a43cf), but the only build available is the newest at https://web.archive.org/web/20210116223106/https://dc502wrt.org/releases/#1900acv2. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I wouldn’t hold my breath. You are asking for a firmware build from 5 release generations ago. Un-maintained, rife with security vulnerabilities.
You don’t indicate exactly what issues you are having, but your best bet would be to detail your issues migrating to a secure build and ask the community for assistance.
another community build, but maybe enumerate the issues experienced.
The issue I'm having with using OpenWrt 22.03 on a WRT1900ACv2 with the default settings is that the speed of the LAN ports on the back of the router is extrememly slow (i.e. 20-30 Mbits/s vs. 250-300 Mbits/s). I have tried enabling software and hardware offloading and packet steering without improvement. I have seen some mention using irqbalance, but I haven't looked into that.
Something is wrong, my WRT32X is similar hardware and I get full speed from all ports with OpenWrt 22.03 (currently 24 day uptime). Did you try a clean install and clean config?
- Software offloading will help throughput, you should be able to get gigabit speeds.
- Hardware offloading is unsupported by our hardware, so don't use that.
- Packet Steering may help but seems unproven (I get similar performance with it on and off).
- Irqbalance won't help for this because with mvebu routers it'll pin nearly everything to CPU0 anyway, and only move mwlwifi to CPU1. This could help some performance but maybe add some latency to wifi. You can confirm that with via cat /proc/interrupts.
- FYI, if you use SQM, none of the above will matter. But you should still be able to get ~500Mbits down with SQM enabled on our hardware thanks to the fast CPU with mvebu (my cable modem is 500/35 Mbit and I use it configured to 95% bandwidth for A+ bufferbloat/A+ quality on dslreports speedtest).
Check post should you have a device not at 1G on your lan nics.
Thanks for the information. I do appreciate it. I performed a clean install by ensuring that the Keep Settings option was unchecked before flashing.
Thanks for the suggestion. I only have one device on the LAN ports and it supports 1GB.
I think that I'll just try 21.02.3 and see if the issue is still present.
Installed 21.03.03 and my LAN port speed is good, but now my wireless speed is slow.