I have the same compilation running on several of my routers and virtualbox instances and this issue only happens on ONE of them.
The issue: when starting the openWRT everything works just fine. Clients get their IP addresses assigned properly.
After a few days the odhcpd seems to be not working anymore. Clients don't get IP addresses assigned anymore.
/etc/init.d/odhcpd restart does the trick. I have no idea why it does this. Started after some upgrade but I did that same upgrade to all installations and this only happens on one of them.
I hate to "RESET" everything as I did a lot of custom settings on all of them. Also resetting doesn't really help to figure out what goes wrong. And I rather want to figure out what goes wrong.
Any way I can enable some advanced debugging to find clues what goes wrong.
The service is NOT STOPPED! it's still running when it behaves like this.