Currently, it is not clear how to configure DHCPv6 and SLAAC, because the wiki has two pages for this:
- (1) https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/dhcp
- (2) https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/odhcpd
These pages have conflicting information. For example,
ra_management in (1) and
ra_flags in (2). They are similar, but
ra_management does not allow controlling
other-config RA flag. Also in (1) it is not specified whether dnsmasq or odhcpd is used for RA messages. Also,
ra_slaac options are missing from (1).
So my questions are:
- Is odhcpd used for everything IPv6 related (including RA)?
ra_flagsbe used? It appears that
ra_flagstake precendence, because they are configured in 21.02. Then why does
- (somewhat unrelated) What does
ra_slaacoption control exactly? Does it control the
Aflag in RA or something else?
- (also unrelated) Can odhcpd work as a DNS server? Because there is an option
dns_service, which announces the router as a DNS server. Or is another DNS server (dnsmasq) supposed to be running?