Odd luci compile error

I'm in the process of building all of the packages for OpenWrt via the CONFIG_ALL option. I am building out and it keeps dying over a failed dependency for luCi. I ran a make -j1 V=sc package/feeds/luci/luci/compile and got the following:

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/grommish/openwrt/feeds/luci/protocols/luci-proto-ipv6'
time: package/feeds/luci/luci-proto-ipv6/compile#0.21#0.09#0.28
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/grommish/openwrt/feeds/luci/collections/luci'
make[2]: execvp: /usr/bin/env: Argument list too long
make[2]: *** [../../luci.mk:296: /home/grommish/openwrt/bin/packages/mips64_octeon3/luci/luci_git-20.166.62203-d0a2566_all.ipk] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/grommish/openwrt/feeds/luci/collections/luci'
time: package/feeds/luci/luci/compile#0.22#0.08#0.29
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:113: package/feeds/luci/luci/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/grommish/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/grommish/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:224: package/feeds/luci/luci/compile] Error 2

The obvious issue is make[2]: execvp: /usr/bin/env: Argument list too long, but I've obviously never had an issue compiling luci into an image, so I'm at a loss. Anyone got any ideas?

1 Like
1 Like

Followup to anyone else who suffers this.. Save yourself the heart-ache and hassle and just add the following lines to your ~/.bashrc

ulimit -n 65535
ulimit -s 65535

Don't go messing around with tutorials you find online. Something bad happened when I followed the guides and I ended up having to get a Live USB to rescue the load :laughing: :rofl:

Just set those in your .bashrc and be done with it..

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.