Not sure what path is needed for /etc/rc.local fix in Luci>Startup

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I'd like to apply this fix by @jow and I'm just not sure what path I need, this is the path listed -

modules/luci-mod-system/luasrc/model/cbi/admin_system/startup.lua

but trying to go to it just results in "no such file or directory". Would anyone happen to be familiar with this fix and know the path needed?

find / -name startup.lua /rom/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/admin_system/startup.lua /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/admin_system/startup.lua

1 Like

just for the avoidance of doubt, /rom/ is the readonly part, which wouldn't be the right one to touch - work with the one under /usr/ instead.

1 Like

Thanks @mbo2o and @slh, just for my future reference, why is the path listed on the fix different than the path needed?

The linked fix is applied to the source (which just happens to be a lua script, not some C source which would need compiling, which means you can also modify it directly on your running system, instead of having to cross compile it first), the package's buildsystem then decides where to place the file for the target system. These don't really need to have a direct mapping, in most cases the source (containing just the files for a single package) is flatter than the final installation structure, which needs to conform to FHS and integrate with the packages it has to work with.

1 Like