Not really enjoying the Discourse forum

That doesn't sound right. But why would you try to put up a 1.8 MB image anyway?

1 Like

because original is 9MB and i already had to shrink it down when uploading to wikidevi

That's either a very big image (in pixel dimensions) or an image with low or none compression.

An image with reasonable pixel dimension and medium compression should be only a few hundreds of KB.

Having said that, I agree that in nowadays, a web app should be able to handle larger images and resize them down where necessary.

3 Likes

Most of the images uploaded to the forum either do not contain relevant information, or the information is of the very limited/temporary importance.
The images worth saving should be uploaded to the wiki, otherwise it's enough to use some image/cloud-hosting and do not waste community resources.

2 Likes

I think he was talking about wikidev, not sure though why he mentioned it here.

1 Like

Yep, our wiki is DokuWiki and this topic is about Discourse forum.

i tried to put image in forum thats why

OK. Anyway, 2 MB is a bit too big for the forum.
See, for example, the image below, is only 154 kB (and it's larger than it shows up here. Click it to see the original).

3 Likes

Hearts are gone -- you're welcome :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks.

Now, why doesn't the hollow hand (no likes yet) look like the filled one?

Regarding all the questions about hearts and hands I am asking myself if this is the original iconyfied hand of Mark Zuckerberg? ;- )

SCNR