Not really enjoying the Discourse forum

perhaps someone should increase font/image sizes as i don't see it good with default size:
Screenshot-4

:face_vomiting:

like there's no way to make several size profiles based on screen resolution that all of ya hosters are grabbing within user-agent data...

What about STRG + +
Try and hit a few times....
STRG + 0

Otherwise other monitor? ;- )

Ahhh...sorry, yeah I thought strg is an english abbreviation ;- ) CTRL

1 Like

Cooking recipe for regular users:
Profile > Preferences > Interface > Default Home Page > Latest > Save Changes

1 Like

@psyborg - How about?
Profile > Preferences > Interface > Text Size

For the non-German speakers: STRG = CTRL

2 Likes

normal->smaller - difference is negligible. above screenprint is how it look for non-logged in user. just until recently opera 12 displayed threads fine, i do not understand who has need for such an awkward changes. bugtracker still displays mostly fine in opera for example:Screenshot-4

Can we get subcategories for better identify topics ???

@Pippo
That's double-edged sword.

Tags to identify posts ??? Like a tag for soc device a tag for WiFi a tag for AP or switch or repeater !!! Maybe too many blades !!

1 Like

It can be a pre-determined list of tags to choose form, like sub-categories except that the user can select more than one.

By the way, it looks like your question mark and exclamation mark keys are a bit sticky. You may like to get them looked at :wink:

Hello,

As first post on OpenWRT community IMO I find the Discourse forum horrible ! It s a pain to read something !

The old forum was better.

Kr,
Moo

Then don’t read them :crazy_face: Or tells how would you improve them ? I find everything OK just difficult to browse &/or search for specific topics.

Too many posts means the project is good and rising interest

Hello,

Oh yes OpenWRT is a really great project.

When I say this "forum is horrible" I mean not specially OpenWRT forum but just the Discourse forum application.

I find just all standard operations (reading, navigating, searching, ...) more difficult than with standard forum.

Kr,

I quite like the Discourse forum because it has enough features, and it is consistent with other related forums (Sierra Wireless, Turris Omnia, Mediatek etc) that have gone this way anyway.

1 Like

Now it complained that max image size is 4096KB when tried to put up 1.8MB image...

That doesn't sound right. But why would you try to put up a 1.8 MB image anyway?

1 Like

because original is 9MB and i already had to shrink it down when uploading to wikidevi

That's either a very big image (in pixel dimensions) or an image with low or none compression.

An image with reasonable pixel dimension and medium compression should be only a few hundreds of KB.

Having said that, I agree that in nowadays, a web app should be able to handle larger images and resize them down where necessary.

3 Likes

Most of the images uploaded to the forum either do not contain relevant information, or the information is of the very limited/temporary importance.
The images worth saving should be uploaded to the wiki, otherwise it's enough to use some image/cloud-hosting and do not waste community resources.

2 Likes

I think he was talking about wikidev, not sure though why he mentioned it here.

1 Like

Yep, our wiki is DokuWiki and this topic is about Discourse forum.