Normal and guest wireless network with OpenVPN

Hello,

I am trying to create a setup where I would have 2 wireless network available (the default one and a guest one), each with its own openvpn client attached. The setup works fine if both openvpn connections are disabled or both are enabled, but if I enable the vpn on only one of them, I no longer have internet connection on the other; for example, if I enable the openvpn connection only on the default wireless network/ssid, any devices connected to my guest wi-fi no longer have internet access (the ones connected to my default wi-fi have internet access).

I used these tutorials to do then setup for guest network and openvpn clients.

I also created a firewall zone for each vpn tunnel and forwarding rules from lan->wan, guest->wan, lan->tun0 and guest->tun1, but the problem still persists. Does anyone have any advice about this?

Thanks!

1 Like
1 Like

Hello! Thanks you for your response. I've tried adding the routes and rules for each connection, but I still have the same issues. If anyone has encountered this problem before, is there anything else I could try to make it work?

Split routing is a typical use case for VPN-PBR app.
If the issue persists collect the diagnostics:

uci show network; uci show wireless; uci show firewall; uci show dhcp; \
uci show vpn-policy-routing; \
grep -v -e ^# -e ^$ /etc/firewall.user; \
head -v -n -0 /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/*; \
ip address show; ip route show table all; ip rule show; iptables-save

Post the output to pastebin.com redacting the private parts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.