i've TPLINK WD901ND and only 216kb free
i want to use it as AP, so i dont need ppp, firewall, etc etc but i need snmp to monitor it
when i try to install it, i've error about not enough space
i've tried to remove packages but i dont free enough space....
can i install snmp in any way?
TL-WA901ND has only 4MB flash / 32MB RAM.
Suggested reading (yes, you should read them all and thoroughly.):
- https://lede-project.org/meta/infobox/432_warning - General advice regarding devices with low flash/RAM
- https://lede-project.org/faq/after_installation#no_space_left_on_device - With only 250kB left for package installation, you will soon stumble over the error message No space left on device. The linked section shows some solutions.
- https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/imagebuilder - You need to build your own space optimized image, with only the packages included that you really need. Imagebuilder is the easiest way to do so.
- https://lede-project.org/faq/before_installation#which_packages_can_i_safely_remove_to_save_space - When you build your own image, you want to exclude unneeded packages to save space for needed packages.
- https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/extroot_configuration - Another solution for the No space left on device problem (only for devices with USB port).
Removing packages which are included in the flashed image does not free any space. Only removing packages which you have installed after flashing does free some space.
You could also configure a chroot on external storage, in lieu of extroot, for non-critical packages (which must be in the firmware image).
2 posts were split to a new topic: Image with wpad for wa901