No ramips MT7621 Snapshot Builds Since April 2

Anyone else notice these are not building? From the logs, it looks like kernel 5.4 was rolled out to these devices over the weekend. No builds could be intentional. I'm flagging in case not.

It is due to a compilation error.

https://buildbot.openwrt.org/master/images/builders/ramips%2Fmt7621/builds/253

ERROR: module '/builder/shared-workdir/build/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt7621/linux-5.4.28/drivers/dma/ralink-gdma.ko' is missing.
/builder/shared-workdir/build/target/linux/ramips/modules.mk:95: recipe for target '/builder/shared-workdir/build/bin/targets/ramips/mt7621/packages/kmod-dma-ralink_5.4.28-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk' failed
make[2]: *** [/builder/shared-workdir/build/bin/targets/ramips/mt7621/packages/kmod-dma-ralink_5.4.28-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/builder/shared-workdir/build/package/kernel/linux'
time: package/kernel/linux/compile#61.29#15.52#166.14
package/Makefile:111: recipe for target 'package/kernel/linux/compile' failed
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl-gcc -c -I. -I../dist/.. -I/builder/shared-workdir/build/staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/usr/include -I/builder/shared-workdir/build/staging_dir/toolchain-mipsel_24kc_gcc-8.4.0_musl/usr/include -I/builder/shared-workdir/build/staging_dir/toolchain-mipsel_24kc_gcc-8.4.0_musl/include/fortify -I/builder/shared-workdir/build/staging_dir/toolchain-mipsel_24kc_gcc-8.4.0_musl/include  -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -Os -pipe -mno-branch-likely -mips32r2 -mtune=24kc -fno-caller-saves -fno-plt -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-result -msoft-float -mips16 -minterlink-mips16 -ffile-prefix-map=/builder/shared-workdir/build/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/db-4.7.25.NC=db-4.7.25.NC -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1 -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -fpic   ../dist/../db/db_ret.c
make[1]: *** [package/kernel/linux/compile] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Maybe this commit will fix it.

The latest build with the recent commits has succeeded and is now on the snapshots page. The openwrt builders can be monitored at http://buildbot.openwrt.org/master/images/ for anyone who isn't aware already.

Thank you for the explanation. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Tried the latest build (upgrade with keep data failed) had to upgrade with no data.. However i'm seeing something weird my android phone cannot connect to wifi if i leave the default randomized mac setting on on android.. if i disable it works.. any ideas?

Sorry, none. My MT7621 device is an EdgeRouter X - so no WiFi at all. That, and I haven't made the time to test yet. I want to have a backup router configured to plug in first, just in case, so that my family doesn't leave me for killing the internet during COVID-19 stay at home.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.