I wrote my question >>already here<< at the developer thread for the Xiaomi AX3600.
Maybe my question is a kind of off-topic there, so my question was probably lost in the background noise.
I am not able to set up the device as a dumb access point.
The clients simply do not get an IP address. Interestingly, they do get a connection after about 5 minutes of waiting. By then, however, most clients usually interrupt the connection themselves.
The configuration I used for this works wonderfully on my Redmi AC2100 and Mi 3G - but unfortunately not here.
I have used self-compiled builds (from robimarkos repository), the pre-compiled releases from robimarko and also the bloated build from here and also various others linked in the thread.
I have the same effect with all of them.
In order to understand my problem, I approached it with a minimal configuration:
- clean flash robimarko's prebuilt release image
- set the following minimal configuration:
config device for dump ap
# don't do router jobs on dump ap: service firewall stop && service firewall disable service dnsmasq stop && service dnsmasq disable service odhcpd stop && service odhcpd disable # join my lan-network 192.168.0.0/24 with gateway 192.168.0.2 uci set network.lan.ipaddr='192.168.0.11' uci set network.lan.gateway='192.168.0.2' # disable dhcp6, ra for ipv6 uci del dhcp.lan.ra uci del dhcp.lan.ra_slaac uci del dhcp.lan.dhcpv6 uci set dhcp.lan.ignore='1' uci del dhcp.lan.ra_flags uci add_list dhcp.lan.ra_flags='none' # only bridging - no routing on interface lan uci del firewall.cfg02dc81.network # wireless settings uci set wireless.radio1.htmode='HE40' uci set wireless.radio1.channel='40' uci set wireless.radio1.country='DE' uci set wireless.default_radio1.ssid='Test' uci set wireless.default_radio1.encryption='psk2+ccmp' uci set wireless.default_radio1.key='testtest' uci set wireless.radio1.disabled='0' uci commit wifi reload
Result: The wifi clients simply do not manage to get into the network. The router itself has perfectly fine internet-connection (opkg update etc. works fine).
Ethernet-connected clients work as they should - only the wifi clients are effected.
I also changed the device for the interface "lan" between a bridge over multiple ports and directly single ports like eth0 and eth1 - but no effect here.
I uploaded the client-side wireshark recording >>here<<.