No internet when roaming to second AP

Hi,

I have a router from my ISP, this is only connected to a managed switch.
This internet connection is on VLAN 2. My private LAN is on VLAN 3.
From this managed switch there is a connection to my main router (WAN) on the first floor.
This connection is tagged with VLAN 2 & 3 on both sides.
From this managed switch there is a connection to my second AP (LAN) on the second floor.
This connection is untagged with VLAN 3 on managed switch side. The second AP is an older Linksys router with openwrt but no 'Switch' tab is shown. But I suppose no VLAN should be configured here.

Next I have configured the WIFI on the main router and second AP for fast transition (as explained in video by onemarcfifty).
The second AP is setup as a dumb AP (as explained on this website). The gateway + DNS is set to the main router on the first router.
The WIFI fast transition (roaming) seems to work fine but very often I do not have internet on my iphone when it switches to the second AP on the second floor.
To get internet on my iphone I have to switch off and on WIFI. This also the case for a XIAOMI Poco X3 Pro. This phone has problems getting internet every time when roaming.

I know it would be better to connect the second AP to my main router directly on LAN but this is not possible because of the cabling. This is why I'm working with VLAN's. The main router and second AP are connected via the managed switch over VLAN 3.

What should I check/try?