No internet on lan after creating a usb0 interface

Hi beautiful people,

I would like to set up my Asus TUF AX4200 to use my Android 14 to connect to internet with usbc instead of using my home modem. I've done this: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/smartphone.usb.tethering , already tested the phone and the usb cable to make sure they are functional as well.

I tried creating an interface with usb0 with Protocol: DHCP client, and as soon as I created the interface, the computer which is physically connected to the asus router will stop having internet access. I tried 3 times each time I have to reflash the openwrt software to make internet on my computer work again.

My goal is to use my Android 14 (pixel 6a) as the only source of connection to the router and then create different wifi. I am stuck on the first step. Hope someone can help me with the whole process. I have tried everything I can. Thanks in advance!

My router is connected both to my modem and my tethering phone now.

forgot to add, the phone is on a esim

also on my phone, when I connect directly to the computer, the USB tethering button is on, but it's greyed out when I connect the phone to the router via usb

Update. usb0 finally worked, but when I try to create a wifi it said IP configuration failure

Please connect to your OpenWrt device using ssh and copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

ubus call system board
cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.