No internet access on WRT3200ACM after upgrade from 19.07.10

I've been continuing to run my WRT3200ACM from OpenWrt version 19.07.10. That version, when flashed to firmware, accesses the internet out-of-the-box.

With each of the subsequent OpenWrt versions, I cannot access the internet out of the box. I've gathered this may be due to a migration from switch to DSA, and so I followed the "Converting to DSA" tutorial here: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/dsa/converting-to-dsa. (My switch configuration is/was the 19.07.10 default, which is indicated on that page). No luck.

LAN works as expected out of the box for OpenWRT versions 21 or greater; it's just internet that's the problem.

My internet setup has the router going through a cable modem to access the internet (Comcast/Xfinity). Under 19.07, I can access the cable modem (at IP address 192.168.100.1). With later versions, I can't.

Any ideas as to how to make 23.05 work with this router to access the internet? I'm at a bit of a loss right now.

Did you attempt to keep settings when you upgraded?

There was a LAN/WAN MAC swap along the way, reboot modem?

This did the trick! Happily browsing the internet via an OpenWrt 23.05 router, now. Thanks very much!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.