No internet access on Mi WiFi 4a 100m and I am unable to acces settings in browser

What kind of internet connection are you using? Cable? DSL? Fiber? Cellular?

I am using cable

Most cable ISPs use DHCP for their connection method (at least in the US). So make sure the router is set to DHCP client on the WAN and obviously the cable modem should be plugged into the WAN port of the router.

You will almost certainly need to reboot your modem -- possibly several times. Cable ISPs typically bind to the MAC address of the downstream equipment (i.e. your existing router) and will not issue an IP to a different device until it has cleared that association (which is usually done by rebooting the modem).

Nope, I still can't use the internet

Check your previous router's configuration for clues about how to configure your new one.
You can try cloning the MAC address of your previous router's WAN on the new one, too.

You might need to talk to your ISP to get information.

Looking at the settings the router is at gateway mode. I cannot figure out where to set this up in OpenWRT

What model router are you using as the current main router? What are you replacing it with?

If the main router is in bridge mode, that would suggest it is a modem+router combo unit.

My main router is TP-Link TL-WR841ND v12 (runing DD-WRT) and I am replacing it with MI WiFi 4A 100m edition. No, I don't have a modem

So what is physically upstream of your existing router?

I don't understand. What do you mean

What is physically between the mi device and the internet connection coming into your home? A modem? ONT? Another router?

Nothing. Just ISP------>Router

Edit -------> is just the cable

What type of internet service do you have? Cable? Dsl? Fiber?

The service is cable

Sii ok there must be a cable modem somewhere. Where is that piece of equipment?

No, I don't have a modem

I don’t understand how that is possible. Cable comes in over a coaxial wire (cable tv type). A modem converts the signal to standard Ethernet.

Dsl comes in on phone wires. A modem is also necessary here to convert to Ethernet.

Fiber comes in over fiber optic cables. An optical network terminal (ont) converts to Ethernet.

All of these require some piece of equipment between your incoming connection and the router.

The service comes directly from the ISP in Ethernet cable. Maybe somewhere in the building i live in is modem or switch or I don't know what else.

Does the link LED turn on then you plug the cable into your mi router?

Yes, it does