No GUI in LUCI for MQTT

Hi I need a little help. I have installed the MQTT package and it installed successfully, however I can't see the configuration tab in Luci. I'm sure there is a config somewhere to enable this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that a LuCI interface for MQTT config has not been implemented, yet.

I just looked at the package description.
Name: mosquitto-sslVersion: 1.4.15-1Description: Mosquitto is an open source (BSD licensed) message broker that implements\ the MQTT protocol version 3.1 and 3.1.1. MQTT provides a lightweight\ method of carrying out messaging using a publish/subscribe model.\ \ XXXXXXXThis package also includes some basic support for configuring via UCIXXXXXX\ This package is built with SSL support\ \

Is there anywhere a "how to configure MQTT from the CLI" ?

Please notice that "UCI" support is not the same as "LuCi" support: there is a "/etc/config/mosquitto" file, but no GUI to edit it. When "mosquitto" is started, the script "/etc/init.d/mosquitto" will build a configuration file at "/etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf" from the contents of "/etc/config/mosquitto" (unless a "option use_uci 0" option has been placed there, as per default).

I could not find any docs about "/etc/config/mosquitto", so I just left that file untouched, and edited "/etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf" myself. You can have a look at the contents of "/etc/init.d/mosquitto", and figure out by yourself what options are available.

1 Like