No gigabit connection on Unifi 6 Lite

Hello folks. Nice to be a part of this beautiful group of people. I am a complete newbie here, so please be patient.

I have a new installation of OpenWRT 22 on my Unifi 6 Lite. One problem I can't seem to resolve is that I can't get Gigabit connection working on my eth port. My switch indicates that the connection speed is at for the port to which I have this access point connected to is only at 100mb. Below is my config from /etc/config/network.

config interface 'loopback'
        option device 'lo'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
        option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
        option packet_steering '1'

config device
        option name 'br-lan'
        option type 'bridge'
        list ports 'eth0'
        list ports 'lan'

config interface 'lan'
        option device 'br-lan'
        option proto 'dhcp'

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

First thing to check is that you have known good cables and that there is nothing physically wrong with any of the associated ports (including debris or bent pins, etc.). Also, if you are using a PoE injector (rather than a PoE switch) make sure that it is actually a gigabit injector.

If you connect a computer to the cable that is currently running to the U6-Lite, does it get a gigabit connection? (note: don't do this if you have a passive PoE injector -- it may fry your computer's network card).

3 Likes

That was it. It was the wrong PoE injector. Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.