No factory install for AVM FritzBox 7320?

Hello,

I'm stuck with the installation of OpenWRT on my AVM FritzBox 7320 in the very first steps.

I following the Quick Start Guide in the Documentation, to do a first-time factory installation.
My problem is, that i cannot find any kind of a install URL or a *factory.bin / .img file. My Device is listed in the Table of Hardware but in the techdata there is only written a "Firmware OpenWrt Upgrade URL". Following the link to his directory there only two files "...-avm_fritz7320-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" and "avm_fritz7320-initramfs-kernel.bin". With both files it is not possible to flash the firmnware from the original AVM WebGUI, more or less sure because i understand it this way this two files are only for an update.

Where do i finde the files for a first time factory installation?

Thanks and regards!

Fabian

There is no factory image that you can flash from stock web ui on avm devices as they are signed!

You have to use the tftp method...
https://openwrt.org/toh/avm/avm_fritz_box_7320#flash_firmware

1 Like

Okay, and which file shut i use? avm_fritz7320-initramfs-kernel.bin or avm_fritz7320-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Sysupgrade.

The initram image does have it's root filesystem in ram and will always reset to default after a reboot.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.