No DHCP Leases listed for wired connections

Hi there,

Brand new OpenWRT user. I've just switched over to OpenWRT from the stock firmware of the LinkSys 3200 router.

While all my Wifi devices are working correctly, I am experiencing extremely poor and intermittent network connectivity with my Wired connections using Ubuntu 20.04.

One thing I have observed is that the DHCP Leases section under Status only lists Wifi devices, there are no wired devices listed. Is this expected?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Please copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall

cat /etc/config/network

config interface 'loopback'
	option device 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fdb4:275d:dfee::/48'

config device
	option name 'br-lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	list ports 'lan1'
	list ports 'lan2'
	list ports 'lan3'
	list ports 'lan4'

config interface 'lan'
	option device 'br-lan'
	option proto 'static'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'
	option ipaddr '192.168.10.2'
	option ipv6 '0'

config device
	option name 'wan'
	option macaddr 'ea:9f:80:1b:17:80'

config interface 'wan'
	option device 'wan'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option username '***'
	option password '***'
	option ipv6 '0'

What about the other files requested?

You route sems to have an IP address ending in 2. May I guess there is another router in the same network?

Yes, a Netgear D7000 configured in router-only mode on 192.168.10.1.

Anyway, I started again from scratch and left the Linksys router on its default address, put the modem on 192.168.1.5 and everything seems to be working, with my wired devices listed as expected. Have taken a backup so I have a last known working config before messing with anything else.

Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.