No activation E-Mail

Yesterday I wanted to sign up here, but did not receive any activation E-Mail. I requested it a few times, but never got one. Same for the LEDE Project site, where I registered. Now I signed in using GitHub.

I am using an @live.de E-Mail address.

Please try again, and double check spam folder too, if no success just try to use another email address from another domain if possible.

I already tried several times, as I wrote.
Now when I try to sign in with my E-Mail address, I get the message that I need to confirm the activation mail. When I click on "send another mail" it tells me that my account already has been activated. Probably that was caused by signing in through GitHub. Seems like a bug to me.

Could you please fix this?

Just checked: Email after signup is working perfectly.
If it doesn't work for you with live.de, use a different emailadress, since obviously the forum software is functioning correctly, while your emailaccount does not.

As I mentioned: I signed in via GitHub in the meantime. When I try to sign in normal I get this:

"You can't log in yet. We previously sent an activation email to you at ...@live.de. Please follow the instructions in that email to activate your account. Click here to send the activation email again."

When clicking on sending a new activation email, I get this:

"Sorry, this account has already been activated."

So I can only login via GitHub right now, which is not what I want.

@clel
I could delete your account so you can try again.
Please let me know if I shall do so.

EDIT:
With deletion, all your posts would be deleted too.
Alternatively to deletion, I could Deactivate your account: " A deactivated user must re-validate their email."
I'll contact you via email.

@clel
Account deactivated and Activation email sent out to the adress you created the account with.

Same here; registered with @hotmail.com email but haven't received the confirmation email.

Using github login now.

You certainly have checked the spam folder and any existing filter rules, havn't you?

Yes; should have specified that I checked spam and deleted and rules. No message

I just checked again and it worked for me now. Have you changed or done anything?

Yes, I contacted the Hotmail postmasters and requested a blacklist removal for our mail infrastructure.
They reviewed our system configuration and took us off the blocklist, so users @hotmail.com, @live.com and @outlook.com should be able to receive mail from @lede-project.org normally now.

2 Likes

Nice, thanks!