Nft-qos not working anymore

Do you have the link for wulfy's version of openwrt for the rpi4? Or is it possible for you to share your version because i would love to get nft qos working.

fix was just pushed to master/packages (no 21.02.0 fix yet) ... (only upload worked for me but I may have applied it wrong)

wait 24-72hrs and build using your preferred method...

(none of my 'current/stable/release' builds implement the/a fix/s)

1 Like

Nft-qos is still broken on 21.02.1 r16325-88151b8303. For its broken since 19.07
Mac and IP based limits not working

1 Like

probably the correct state of things (given the github fix is of unknown benefit and/or still underway)...

the issue here is more people are needed to jump on board and actively test / fix things in the master branch...

@champtar was kind enough to dive in and operate on the package as it had been broken so long... since then there has been little confirmation as to how it is functioning for follow up patches or backports to the 21.02.x branch to occur

here is the thread/issue where fixes 'stable mated'

so the sooner;

• people test this under master
  • provide feedback (to developer/s) as to what is and is not working

the sooner a fix can be applied to the 21.02.x branch...

1 Like

Sadly i am not skilled enough to do that

1 Like

heads up guys... package maintainer suggesting removal of this package;

Yes, I proposed to remove the package for the same reasons, why the rosy-file-server was dropped. Just take a look at the LuCI issue, which was mentioned here. To sum it up:

1. The original author is missing.
    His website is gone. Nobody takes care of it.
  2. It makes more trouble.
  3. LuCI package for this package is broken.

If someone wants to step up and take care of it, feel free to do it now.

I don't see your reasoning why it should not be removed in the pull request, though. On the other hand, I feel from your comment that you want to remove it.

1 Like

yeah, i'm indifferent... although I am commiting (or trying to) improvements...

valid

somewhat disagree... a few commits over several months seems to also debunk that theory

as your not the one sending in the commits... (or using the package)... don't see how that is relevant to you...

as i've used the package a little... the above also applies... it may not be perfect... but it's not 'broken'...

anal posturing by 'big man' maintainers... would be good... but cmon, you guys do this all the time don't you?

your number one duty is to mentor... not to police

because it doesnt belong in a pull request... fyi, pull requests are about making improvements to code, at least mine was... if you want to remove the package... suggest you make your own PR to discuss that on...