New Xiaomi router AC2100

I use actually
LuCI openwrt-21.02 branch (git-22.347.45520-d30ab74) / OpenWrt 21.02.0 r16279-5cc0535800

Can i :
1- Save configuration in luci
2- Update with "sysupgrade" in luci with last file (openwrt-22.03.3-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin)
3- Restore configuration saved in Point 1

Is it OK ?
No problem with this version ?

no not a problem

I ve tried editing the same patch for 5.10 kernel but i always got an error.
Any specific advice on how to add the modifications so that there are no errors? thank you

Hi @chtom.
Did you tried that 22.03.3 ?

Is it working properly?

Thanks a lot.

I don't try for moment.
Sorry.

1 Like

I'm trying 22.03.5 for 2 days now as a dumb AP.

Seems to work as expected.
I'll give some more feedback later.

Assalam U Alaikum brother,
Thanks for the link but I am unable to download the stock firmware breed version (error 404).
Do you have any alternate source? I literally read all 1000+ replies on this thread and still not able to find a way to get back to stock (MiWifi repair tool is not working for me for some reason)
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Wa alaikum salam

You need to register first before being able to download anything in there. But I made a mirror for you: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z5pf51i8u6hdc

You still need to follow their instructions to use this with BREED Bootloader:

For 2.x firmware, you need to uncheck 自动重启 (do not reboot after installation), install on slot 1,and then slot 2, and then reboot

For 1.x firmware, you also need to add xiaomi.r3g.bootfw with parameter 1 in 环境变量编辑 tab, also set flag_try_sys1_failed, flag_try_sys2_failed, and flag_boot_rootfs all to 0 in 小米 R3G 设置 tab

MiWifi repair tool is not working for me for some reason

The official repair tool is only for the stock bootloader, if you replaced that with BREED, you cannot use the tool anymore.

If you want to go back to the stock bootloader, you need to flash it in BREED, but this is super risky, as you can brick your router if you flashed the wrong file.

2 Likes

How do I revert back to Stock fw? i have bootloader and bin ready but cant understand how to flash it via ssh, I am already running OpenWrt and the Mi Wifi tool is not working for me.

Hello everyone! I bought a Redmi AC2100 (white version) to install openwrt in it. I followed the instructions in this page using the Web Exploit. The router rebooted but since then it's like "bricked", the two leds are flashing constantly in red and white so I guess there has been something wrong in the instructions (it's not the first time I install openwrt following the instructions in the router's page). Is it bricked? Is there a way to make it work again? Is there a way to install openwrt using the serial port? Why this two instructions are different from each other's even if they do the same thing (in the second one there's the -r)

• Flash the kernel:
    mtd write openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100-squashfs-kernel1.bin kernel1
  • Flash the rootfs:
    mtd -r write openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100-squashfs-rootfs0.bin rootfs0

Thanks for your help

-r is for reboot after the writing is done.

Unbrick the router (either using tinypxe or mi wifi repair tool, doesn't matter), and then try again using a different openwrt version.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I followed your suggestion and used tinypxe to restore the stock firmware, then I followed the "Method A: Web Exploit", I've enabled the SSH, then I've opened PuTTY and used th 192.168.31.1 to connect via SSH to the router. Then I typed this

root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram set uart_en=1
root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram set boot_wait=on
root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram set bootdelay=5
root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram set flag_try_sys1_failed=1
root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram commit
root@XiaoQiang:~# cd /tmp
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp# wget http://openwrt.tetaneutral.net/releases/21.02.0/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_red
mi-router-ac2100-squashfs-kernel1.bin
Connecting to openwrt.tetaneutral.net (192.168.31.1:80)
Connecting to miwifi.com (192.168.31.1:80)
openwrt-21.02.0-rami 100% |***************************************************************************************|  1624   0:00:00 ETA
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp# wget http://openwrt.tetaneutral.net/releases/21.02.0/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_red
mi-router-ac2100-squashfs-rootfs0.bin
Connecting to openwrt.tetaneutral.net (192.168.31.1:80)
Connecting to miwifi.com (192.168.31.1:80)
openwrt-21.02.0-rami 100% |***************************************************************************************|  1624   0:00:00 ETA
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp# cd /tmp
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp# mtd write openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100-squashfs-kernel1.bin kernel1
Unlocking kernel1 ...

Writing from openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100-squashfs-kernel1.bin to kernel1 ...
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp# mtd -r write openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100-squashfs-rootfs0.bin rootfs0
Unlocking rootfs0 ...

Writing from openwrt-21.02.0-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100-squashfs-rootfs0.bin to rootfs0 ...
Rebooting ...

At the beginnig the router's LED was blinking white, I've waited more than 5 minutes but neither 192.168.1.1 nor 192.168.31.1 worked. So I unplugged it again and now the lights are blinking in red and white. I really don't understand what's wrong with it

EDIT:
I have previously downloaded the two files and then used WinSCP to transfer them in the /tmp folder. This method worked.

Hola a todos,

He instalado openwrt en mi AC2100 y tengo problemas con el WiFi, especialmente con el 5G.

Los problemas lo tengo tanto con la versión 22.05 cómo con la versión 23 RC3.

Ya no sé qué hacer, creo que es por tema de los controladores, porque de configuración no creo.

La red 5G de repente desaparece y no es accesible, esto me puede pasar pasados 2, 3 o pasados 7 días sin reiniciar. Si reinicio muchas veces no funciona y tengo que quitarle la corriente al router. También ocurre de forma inmediata si conecto otro AC2100 como repetidor o malla de la red 5G.

Subo varias capturas de pantalla, en este caso el error ocurrió con la red 2,4Ghz, pero el mensaje de error es igual que con la red 5G.

Si no hay solución tendré que volver a la versión original de Xiaomi.

Alguien tiene solución a este problema?

Un saludo.
Gracias

-------------

Hello everyone,

I have installed openwrt on my AC2100 and I am having problems with WiFi, especially 5G.

I have problems with both version 22.05 and version 23 RC3.

I don't know what to do, I think it's a driver issue, because I don't think it's a configuration issue.

The 5G network suddenly disappears and is not accessible, this can happen after 2, 3 or 7 days without rebooting. If I reboot many times it does not work and I have to turn off the power to the router. It also happens immediately if I connect another AC2100 as a repeater or mesh of the 5G network.

I upload several screenshots, in this case the error occurred with the 2.4Ghz network, but the error message is the same as with the 5G network.

If there is no solution I will have to go back to the original Xiaomi version.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Best regards.
Thanks
Traducido con DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation

Hi, can you try this?

1. Go to openwrt -> network -> interfaces -> devices
  2. Press edit on br-lan
  3. Open "Advanced device options"
  4. Check "Enable IGMP snooping"
  5. Press save -> save & apply

And then reboot the router.

This issue is reported many times in https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/issues and the main workaround is that, enabling IGMP snooping in br-lan.

Hola!

He activado la opción que me indicas. Esperaré unos días para ver si es la solución.

Un saludo,
Gracias.

Hello!

I have activated the option you indicate. I will wait a few days to see if it is the solution.

Best regards,
Thanks

Hola! Nada, sigue ocurriendo el mismo error.

Use padavan, a far better vs openwrt.

Hello, I'm having an issue with TX power on the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue "Image version mismatch: image 1.1, device 1.0" when upgrading.
Can you help me find out whether I'm "on a DSA based snapshot" or "on one of the unofficially backported 19.07 builds"?
I'm not sure what DSA is, and also I am running OpenWrt 19.07.4 r11208-ce6496d796.
I also see I have a menu "VPN" which is not standard on a bare OpenWRT, so it must have been a custom build by someone.
I also have https-dns-proxy in it.

Thanks in advance.

I just went with full wipe and full reinstall and that's it.