New Xiaomi router AC2100

After upgrading to Sep 25's snapshot I can't ssh to the router. I get this error:

ssh root@192.168.1.1
Connection to 192.168.1.1 closed.

I guess this is caused by I changed the shell to zsh. What options do I have except reset the router?

I reset the router... works great so far.

what's the difference between standard and advanced version ?

I am facing a problem with the switches. They stuck on 100bT. A have tested with a Cat6 cable witch works perfectly with another router. Any idea ?

I was experiencing the issue that receiving data via 5G Wifi was working flawlessly, but sending data was extremely slow (comparing 700 Mbits RX to 50 Mbits TX from a clients perspective). Now this issue is gone after I upgraded to the lastest snapshot (r14572-4682d4d770). But in this snapshot, the VLAN settings are not available anymore. And i have to specify tagged interfaces like lan20 etc.
I currently have the problem that my client, which is attached to lan1.20 or wan.20 (vlan tagging enabled on client) can only communicate with the clients associated with the ssid in the same interface or reach the routers ip, but no other clients attached via an untagged port. The wireless client can actually reach other devices through the untagged port.

config interface 'lan'
option type 'bridge'
option proto 'static'
option netmask '255.255.255.0'
option ip6assign '60'
option gateway '192.168.20.254'
option ipaddr '192.168.20.250'
list dns '192.168.20.254'
list dns '1.1.1.1'
option ifname 'lan1.20 lan2 lan3 wan.20'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
option device 'radio1'
option network 'lan'
option mode 'ap'
option ssid 'OpenWrt5'
option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'

Does anyone have a hint for me?

I keep facing this netcat error when trying to unlock the router after exceuting cve.py on the wiki:

connect to [192.168.31.177] from (UNKNOWN) [192.168.31.1] 47358

And after that, netcat closes. I've tried on both Windows and debian.

I have edited my cve.py to match my starting MAC address, like this:

if src.startswith("54:48:e6") or src.startswith("54:48:e6") :

Is there anything that I can do?

Edit:
Here's what I meant:

My network config seems fine:

I've tried several PPPoE Simulator, also tried adding this fix, also tried newest pppd-cve.py from @namidairo's github.

I think I solved it: I have to turn off Windows's firewall. Dunno why it's not working on linux tho...

1 Like

which stock fw you use ?, i think that newest fw have bug fix for exploit, maybe you downgrade first the stock fw to old fw
i have the white version ac2100 and use this link as a guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqrBoAsPngo&t=383s

and only work for old stok fw 1.0.14

I also have the white version, it came with 1.0.14 out of the box, and to make sure, I also tried re-flashed 1.0.14...

Hi to all,
I am a total beginner with openwrt and I am trying to install it on the black AC2100.
I am following https://github.com/impulse/ac2100-openwrt-guide but I am stuck at netcat server phase.
I tried both on macos and on linux to install it but I always end stuck at the same point.
I serve the webserver...
Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 80 (http://0.0.0.0:80/) ...

I start the netcat session
netcat -nvlp 31337 (I tried with sudo too)

I go for
sudo python3 ./pppd-cve.py

I get

sessionid:XXX
src:YYYYY
dst:ZZZZZ
Sent 1 packets.

(I even checked on the router internal config webpage and the MAC address are the one in the settings)

But netcat gives no sign of life...
I checked on macs the firewall and it's deactivated and netcat can be used as a port scanner, so it's working.

I believe I am making a mistake I can't understand....

Any good soul has any idea where I do it wrong?
Thank you

turn of windows firewall, AV

Sorry for the long absence. Today I uploaded version 19.07.4 for both AC2100 models. You can find them as usual in my Google drive share.

9 Likes

Nice one! I will make sure to test it out. Ordered another "6 antennae" AC2100, already on the way from the land of the great walls :).

Thank you. Upgraded via UI using the sysupgrade image, will report back after a few days of testing the wifi stability.

Thanks! Your 19.07.3 versión is stable with a R2100 router, will test 19.07.4!

Snapshot is horrible, PPPoE disconnects every few minutes...

No! I am on linux and macos...
But I solved it.
Problem was wrong MAC address on the exploit command.
I just needed to edit cve.py to match the first three couple of ##:##:## stamped under my router
in
if src.startswith("##:##:##")
thank you the same.

Tested version 19.07.4 for two days, works like a charm!

Thanks!

Cool thx for letting us know. Will upgrade soon too. TY for the build @scp07 :+1: :muscle:

One question though, is it completely safe to upgrade via LUCI with stock bootloader? I read somewhere on this thread that you need BREED bootloader or you will brick your device...? :fearful:

Hi! I haven't updated via Luci, flashed commands via ssh and performed reset to defaults:

mtd write kernel1.bin kernel
mtd write rootfs0.bin ubi

You can try flash commands via ssh without perform reset to defaults and do it if you have any problem.

Hello,

I am a novice.
I followed the @anon98223980 step by step to flash my Redmi AC2100 (white) with the image for Xiaomi AC2100 (black Cylinder) : everything looks ok
I would like try 19.07.4. I can download "standard_xiaomi_router-ac2100_OpenWRT_19_07_4.zip" (53.4MB) for my white version ?

Is it ok :

1. Save my settings in LuCi
  2. Update with sysupgrade.bin in a zip file diretly in LuCi
  3. Reboot and restore my settings in LuCi

Thank you very much

I don't use BREED so in simple words: Yes, it is safe as long as you follow the inctructions for selecting the correct files for the right partitions. Even if you break the device there is a way to recover it - but afterwards you will have to apply the hack again.

If you are already using my 19.07.3 image you can simply follow these instructions:

1. Save your settings (backup)
  2. Unzip the firmware folder which you downloaded from my Google Drive
  3. Use the WebUI to flash the new firmware image via "System --> Flash Firmware" and select the sysupgrade.bin file
  4. After the sysupgrade.bin file was correctly transferred select "Keep settings and retain the current configuration"

If you do it that way there is no need to restore anything from a backup. All settings will be taken over.

If you are currently using an image which is not my 19.07.3 image or if you are running on master you shouldn't use the sysupgrade feature. Instead you should install the image via clean mtd write commands (a detailed explanation for this is included in this thread several times, already).

The zip files on my Google Drive always contain both:
Images for the white 6-antenna version: xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100
Images for the black cylinder: xiaomi_mi-router-ac2100

5 Likes