New Xiaomi router AC2100

Currently it's not a big difference but to be able to use the update and package installer I would stick with 19.07.3. You can compile it on your own based on my branch "openwrt-19.07.3_xiaomi_router_ac2100" from https://github.com/phs07/openwrt.git or you can directly try my precompiled images. Hopefully we will be able to get this merged into the official 19.07 branch also at a later time (after the R2100 PR is merged into master).

If you compile it on your own here's the explanation for the selection in menuconfig:
Xiaomi Mi Router AC2100 = black version
Xiaomi Redmi Router AC2100 = white 6-antenna version

In your 19.07.3 has switch menu(vlan, tagged untagged)?

Hello,
thank you for this return. If the version 19.07.03 is more stable than the main version, I will try to redo the migration to openwrt. On the other hand, I see on your googleDrive that there is an initramfs-kernel.bin file and the 2 other Squashfs. is the installation method the same as the impulse tutorial?

for the sysupgrade image, if I understand correctly it is absolutely necessary to do it via ssh on the router rather than with the web interface?

I don't have the message button when I click on your name.

Hello
I needed 2 network cards (Wifi for internet access, Lan for router access)
I first configured a fixed IP on my Ubuntu pc (eth0)
I then installed the dhcp server by following this link:
https://www.tecmint.com/install-dhcp-server-in-ubuntu-debian/
For the configuration I added in the file dhcpd.conf

### PXE ###
## Permet le boot réseau pour TFTP 
allow bootp;
allow booting;

Ensuite j'ai paramétré le serveur TFTP en suivant ce lien :
https://mohammadthalif.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/installing-and-testing-tftpd-in-ubuntudebian/

I downloaded the image on the Miwifi site, renamed it to miwifi.bin and placed it in the / tftpboot folder

Once the DHCP and TFTP server started, I disconnected the router, pressed the reset button and reconnected the router. The reset button remained pressed until the LED flashes orange

1 Like

@Balabap, Thank you! I have updated the guide.

Question for the devs:
On the r2100 the Ethernet ports seem to have strange order:
0.2, 0.1, 0.4, 0.3.

What is the reason for that?

Yes, sure :slight_smile:

If you are already on OpenWRT you can use the WebUI for upgradding. There is no necessarity to do it via ssh. That also works to upgrade from 19.07.x to master but it might cause problems the other way around. At least you should sysupgrade from one major version to another major version without migrating your configuration (so please uncheck the "preserve configuration" checkbox during major upgrades). The reason for that is that the syntax and content of config files might change between major versions (e.g.: switch_config is used in 19.07 but dsa in master)

If you want to be sure that everything is running well even for the other direction (from master back to 19.07.x) you could also use direct write commands (that's the purest method of flashing):

• Upload kernel1.bin and rootfs0.bin to /tmp
  • Connect via ssh, go to /tmp and use
mtd write xiaomi-router-kernel1.bin kernel
mtd -r write xiaomi-router-rootfs0.bin ubi

If you are still on stock you can't use any kind of direct webUI upgrades to OpenWRT, instead you have to use the PPPoE hack and do it on the command line :slight_smile:

Which image did you use? It should be three LAN ports and one WAN port in the images from emirefek and my images... In 19.07.x it should be eth0.1 used for LAN and eth0.2 used for WAN.

Sure, I used VLANs and MWAN3 to make it multi-WAN. It's the primary purpose of this router for me.
When VLANs created the et.0.3 and eh0.4 are added accordingly.

@Sensegsm Please clarify, have you compiled stable version ASUSWRT for Redmi AC2100?

Now I understand your approach :slight_smile:
Which version are you using? The interface order is defined in the dts / dtsi file for master and in the 02_network file for 19.07.x

That the wan port is on the bottom (even if it is vlan 2) is intended as this is the factory default. The other three ports are used for lan (by default on vlan1). Maybe we didn't notice that port 3 and 4 are swapped as nobody tried to put VLANs on it until now... To further verify (and if necessary fix) this: Please tell us your image version and share your configuration.

1. Has OpenVPN in your advanced image extras?
  2. Can you recompile your advanced image and add Tor client?

Yes, i compiled from SDK. All is working, maybe 2.4 band not as expected. You can try it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mYyB29K9llBhxxl2dhYkKiPmFEnlrGKO/view?usp=sharing
You can flash thru the Breed bootloader.

1 Like

I use snapshot version from emirefek.

My configuration: here

In the advanced image the full openvpn (openvpn-openssl in menuconfig), openvpn-easy-rsa and luci-app-openvpn are included - that's everything you can select for openvpn so you have the full feature-set incuded. You can also see that from the config.buildinfo file which lists all menuconfig selected packages in detail. In the *.manifest file you can also see the version numbers.

You can just use my standard or advanced image and install it on top of that. Just login in Luci, go to System --> Software and click on "Update lists". After that you can just pick additional packages - including tor. It's not necessary to compile the image again.

An example:

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots. You defined LAN2 to be eth0.4 and LAN3 to be eth0.3 so why do you wonder about the port order you presented in your device photo? It is exactly as you defined it in your switch config... Could you please shed some light on it? If you want to change the order just swap LAN2 and LAN3 vlan assignment and everything will be in the right order.

Thank you for your explanation :+1:!

I have:

WAN - eth0.2 - VLAN2 - WAN
LAN1 - eth0.1 - VLAN1 - LAN
LAN2 - eth0.4 - VLAN4 - WANC
LAN3 - eth0.3 - VLAN3 - WANB

What I need is:

WAN - eth0.1 - VLAN1 - WAN
LAN1 - eth0.2 - VLAN2 - WANB
LAN2 - eth0.3 - VLAN3 - WANC
LAN3 - eth0.4 - VLAN4 - LAN

Thank you for the explanation!

Why don't you just change this in the switch config menu you sent in your screenshot?
For VLAN 1 put WAN to untagged and LAN1 to off
For VLAN 2 put WAN to off and LAN1 to untagged
For VLAN 3 put Lan2 to untagged and Lan3 to off
For VLAN 4 put Lan3 to untagged and Lan2 to off

After that they you should have the order you want. At the moment the order is just like you defined it in the switch config from your screenshot so it seems to be working as intended...

Before you apply the changes please just make sure that your "lan" network definition is really using VLAN4 (by checking /etc/config/network or via LUCI - currently it is set to use VLAN 1 of course) - otherwise you may loose access to your device. Just to be sure you could also add a firewall rule which allows access to the device even via the WAN ports so that you don't lock out yourself. If everything is running well you could remove it later.

Good afternoon, I recently bought the new Xiaomi AC2100 Mi Router router and I am trying to configure it as the main router. To configure it, I have to enter the Orange VLANs in the configuration and I do not know how to do this step. Can anybody help me?