New Xiaomi router AC2100

I'm seriously considering returning to the stock version. I like scp's build but sometimes I miss the range of stock. The 21.02 I tried was too unstable. And I ended up doing everything outside of Openwrt, vpn (in and out), pihole, etc. I just have to let pihole block the calls to china stock does every second.
One of the problems I encountered and tried to deal with, is the isolation of wifi clients, almost every day I need to run the wifi command to have access from other wifi clients.

I just tried with OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r17143-c1a3eff3ac, but why when connecting to a LAN cable the download speed is only 500Mbps for localhost normally it can reach 980Mbps with 1:1 ?

thanks for your help. I had a lot of work the last weeks but wanted to try to set it up now. I got the image for breed now but it fails at "Verifying erased blocks". Any Idea what the problem could be?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it working by flashing the images through Telnet. Still interested in what the problem could be, though.
Also it seems like I have bad blocks in the location of the second kernel space and can only use kernel_stock to boot openwrt. Is there a fix for that?

Recently I bought TV box Ugoos X3 Pro and it can't connect to my Redmi AC2100 with OpenWRT (a few latest snapshots). It sees both (2.4 & 5 GHz networks, asks for a key/password, tries to connect and then fails with "Can't find " error.
And there is nothing in the System Log. Distance between the Router and TV Box is a few meters, without walls.
I have 2 android phones and two laptops that connect to the same router without issues.

I've tried changing channels (set 36 for 5 GHz), played with Encryption (disabled WPA3) - doesn't help.
Any ideas?

Hello i have mi router 4a gigabit edition here and I'm planning to buy Redmi Router AC2100,is it easy to change my firmware to OpenWrt like the mi router 4A GE? and how about using sysupgrade is it the same procedure too from upload a new sysupgrade.bin file via openwrt GUI?

Please don't mix up Redmi AC2100 an Mi AC2100.

See Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi Redmi AC2100 for Redmi AC2100.

sorry,but can you read it carefully?

It is even easier on redmi ac2100, as you don't need to use Python + OpenWrtInvasion to unlock the SSH terminal. You just need a certain firmware version (2.0.23) and a browser.

Sure, the flashing part is two step (kernel1 + rootfs0) on ac2100 instead of one (sysupgrade) on 4a gigabit edition, but the unlocking part is so much simpler.

Sysupgrade is the same.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the great answer,now I'm enlighten

Is anyone here knows where can i watch video tutorial how to install openwrt in xiaomi router ac2100(black cylinder) in Windows PC? Because I cannot switch to linux OS my pc doesn't support Virtualization to use VM

this one?

he using macOS though, but do you think it's possibile to Windows?

it's ok. you only need a browser to do the exploitation.

here is the guide.

1 Like

if not Using JavaScript console,do it manually: (That is what the video does.)

1. replace STOK
  2. get ssh access
  3. change password
    then the rom writing

1 Like

thanks, I can use this method in Mi Router 2100(Black Cylinder) right?

yes, the same method.
but different rom.

1. a different stock rom to downgrade that can be exploited.
    here, from xiaomi, the Chinese version
xiaomi ac2100:http://cdn.cnbj1.fds.api.mi-img.com/xiaoqiang/rom/r2100/miwifi_r2100_firmware_4b519_2.0.722.bin
  1. mi ac2100 has a different openwrt rom to write in.
1 Like

Wow i watched the whole video the web exploit thing makes you gain ssh access then the next process is so easy, I'll use Putty in the windows for SSH ...thanks this is much easier than the Python

As anyone tried the new rc with this router. I had another change of heart and I'll go back to Openwrt. With the Chinese firmware i think I'll be always using some random illegal frequency. I like the scp builds also, is there a 19.07.08 planned @scp07 ?

Redmi AC2100 page https://openwrt.org/toh/xiaomi/xiaomi_redmi_router_ac2100 routes to this thread, unfortunately.

you don't need putty for this. Windows now has ssh and scp built-in. Just open command prompt or powershell and type ssh username@your_router_ip