New Xiaomi router AC2100

Dear @kralizeck
you can use the snapshot sysupgrade.bin from this site:

Just flash it in LuCi.

But you need to know that Luci is not provided with the snapshot package.

You need to install LuCi via ssh:

• opkg update
  • opkg install luci

Then you will be able to open LuCi in the browser again:
http://openwrt.lan/

1 Like

Dear @cess94xp
today I have tested the latest snapshot build for about five hours.

The jitter values were reduced significantly compared to the 19.07 releases.
The jitter was even less than with Padavan. :grinning:

That is a huge step forward with regards to improving VoIP quality!!!

The downside is that the actual snapshot build is not stable.

I had to install it two times again after having changed some parameters.
It even dropped the LAN connection to my PC and refused to reconnect after reboot.
Therefore OpenWRT is still of no use for me ... and I am back using Padavan.
I hope that it will become robust when the non-snapshot firmware is released one day.

Comparing Padavan and OpenWRT I would love to see also a huge improvement with regards to UX (user experience).
Padavan is much more user oriented.
Most things are clearly structured and obvious for also non-expert users.
Whereas OpenWRT is kind of a mess with regards to usability.
The design of it looks like as it was designed by an engineer.
It is not my intention to offend anybody with this statement.
I am also an engineer :slight_smile:

Indeed most engineers have no clue how you can improve the acceptance of a software product.

Padavan is with regards to this by far better. I think the developer took a glimpse on the user interface from ASUS.

I would love to see that OpenWRT gets one day rid of their overbloated 20 year old ancient looking design concept.

When it comes to "themes" like the "OpenWRT 2020" theme (really???) or the "Argon" theme ... they are not helping to improve the UX a single bit.
Those only help making the vintage thing more fancy.

Please consider my comments as a request to make a good product much greater.

1 Like

Is there any written guide on how to flash this padavan firmware? I'm also interested, as I'm using the xiaomi ac2100 black cylinder as a dump AP.
I've currently installed one of scp07's openwrt builds.

Thanks for the info, I´m right now in latest stock firmware, speeds are good but I'm facing disconnections in my 2.4Ghz only devices. I will take a look of the latest snapshot.

Hi, first of all, thank you all for the help you provide in this topic and sorry for the long post.

I’m here to give my feedback. I already know about OpenWRT a few years ago but none of my old devices are supported, so I never use myself the OpenWRT. Now I needed another router and I saw the Xiaomi ac2100 (Black cylinder) at a good price, and I checked that already exists support for him here in the forum, so I risk and buy it.

First, with stock firmware, I got it connected by cable to my main router (service provider router) working as an access point ( I got both 2.4 and 5Ghz networks in both devices with the same name) and the IPTV box from service provider connected by cable to xiaomi router. Everything was working fine with excellent speeds (500Mb on xiaomi when connected on 5 ghz, which was the speed I got contracted) but I got an issue with tv box, because the image freezes. The problem is that the stock firmware doesn’t got the igmp spoofing option, so there’s the need of using the OpenWRT. When I buy the router I already was expecting that to happen.

Now I got in this moment the 19.07.04 build with the same configuration I got with ofw, it is working at about 2/3 weeks without any problems. The devices connected fast, the tv box never fails or freezes not even a single time... but I got the same problem of some users here, my speeds are low if compared with stock firmware. Now I got in the best case 200Mb download in 5Ghz. There’s a difference bigger than 50%. I hope that in the next builds it got better. Other than speeds, I got no problems so far.

If there is something that I can test, or if I can be useful in some way please tell me that I help as much as i can.

Thank you and a good year to everyone.

Edit: I wrote the wrong model of my router

Hi @cfbs
probably you have posted your question in the wrong thread.
This thread should be the right one: Support AIoT AC2350 Xiaomi?

Dear @D35P4C1T0
I hope that my following answer does not disappoint you.

It wouldn't be very smart of me if I would explain you in the OpenWRT forum how to compile and install Padavan.

My former posts refer to Padavan for comparative reasons.

1 Like

I’m sorry, i wrote in the right place, but wrote the wrong model of my router. I already corrected. Thank you

Dear @cfbs
you could try the 19.07.05 build from scp07:

Hi guys, thank you for your hard work. I'm inexperienced in these things. Nick can't figure out what to do with errors.

Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for luci-mod-status found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for rpcd-mod-iwinfo found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

how is this possible if I use openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_redmi-router-ac2100-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
how to fix it

Linux OpenWrt 5.4.86 #0 SMP Thu Jan 7 01:38:57 2021 mips GNU/Linux

Linux version 5.4.86 (builder@buildhost) (gcc version 8.4.0 (OpenWrt GCC 8.4.0 r15448-980dca6b7f)) #0 SMP Thu Jan 7 01:38:57 2021

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/version
Linux version 5.4.86 (builder@buildhost) (gcc version 8.4.0 (OpenWrt GCC 8.4.0 r15448-980dca6b7f)) #0 SMP Thu Jan 7 01:38:57 2021
root@OpenWrt:~# ^C
root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type             : MediaTek MT7621 ver:1 eco:3
machine                 : Xiaomi Redmi Router AC2100
processor               : 0
cpu model               : MIPS 1004Kc V2.15
BogoMIPS                : 581.63
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 32
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0ffc, 0x0ffc, 0x0ffb, 0x0ffb]
isa                     : mips1 mips2 mips32r1 mips32r2
ASEs implemented        : mips16 dsp mt
Options implemented     : tlb 4kex 4k_cache prefetch mcheck ejtag llsc pindexed_dcache userlocal vint perf_cntr_intr_bit cdmm perf
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers      : 0
package                 : 0
core                    : 0
VPE                     : 0
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

processor               : 1
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0ffc, 0x0ffc, 0x0ffb, 0x0ffb]
Options implemented     : tlb 4kex 4k_cache prefetch mcheck ejtag llsc pindexed_dcache userlocal vint perf_cntr_intr_bit cdmm perf
core                    : 0
VPE                     : 1

processor               : 2
core                    : 1
VPE                     : 0

processor               : 3
core                    : 1
VPE                     : 1

Sorry. SOLVED.

I am in the last stock fimware. Do i need to downgrade firmware or something?. I wanted to install openwrt in this router. I am using this guide:

https://openwrt.org/toh/xiaomi/xiaomi_mi_router_ac2100

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you need to downgrade to use that method.

Is there any tutorial or link to downgrade?

Thanks!

I've downgraded to the 2.0.376 (link) and successfully updated to Padavan.

Which Padavan are you using ?
How is working for you ?

RM2100_3.4.3.9S-101_9086f78.trx. I've taken it from the russian forum - link . It works good.

1 Like

Hows your 5Ghz connection, all ok ?

ehh is the New Xiaomi Router AC2100 a Redmi AC2100 (RM2100)[at the bottom of the sticker on the back it says: fuwu.mi.com]? (the shell is white and has six antennas)

and the links on 4pda.ru doesn't work(only a 404)

The openwrt wiki says you should take a miwifi_rm2100_all_fb720_2.0.23.bin
What is the difference between miwifi_r2100_firmware_64288_2.0.376.bin and miwifi_rm2100_all_fb720_2.0.23.bin?
is that for another router? there is one for the RM2100 and the other for the R2100
I have the RM2100

How to flash trx file you need breed?