New Xiaomi 4A Gigabit V2 on the market, R4A-V2

if someone selling it online like box opened (second hand? how can we confirm from them like using 192.168.1.1?

" Xiaomi is currently shipping v2 of the 4A Gigabit Edition, it's identifiable by fw version 2.30.20, and the name when assigned an IP from a DHCP (not your ISPs) via the WAN port, MiWiFi-R4AV2. This model cannot be flashed with Openwrt"

I think 2021 is V1 version.

ok bro, let me find 2021 date model :slight_smile:

production date on box is: 10/2020
Should I buy it? for openwrt, MI 4A gigabit

The older, the bigger chance it not being V2.

Pretty sure V2 is flashable too though.

Gentlemen.

I recently receive an unit, a brand new R4A that I suppose to be R2, but some ever newer than any other... There is ver 0103 and the date 20211216 on the PCB. The IC´s placement is different from all photos I already saw on internet.

The main processor is the same MT7621AT, but no one method to exploit was effective... It is safer than the Fort Knox... It came with firmware 2.30.280 in Chinese. I tryed to burn the flah directly with the image https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mi-router-4a-gigabit-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin (I have a flash burner) but the routter does not boot with it, nor with any other Xiaomi 4A image.

I tryed also to flash with other official firmware versions. Router won´t boot with other versions also.

It looks this nice piece is condemned to be used with the original firmware then...

If any of you have any thoughts on what can be done, I am open to suggestions.

Best regards.

Daniel.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.