New LuCI-GUI for dnscrypt-proxy

Cant find this anymore.
Its not the in luci repo in latest release that came out today

this package is only available in luci trunk, not in 17.01 branch yet.

1 Like

I've updated the luci package with the following changes:

• automatically transfer dnscrypt specific settings to dnsmasq as well,
    This may change the values for 'noresolv', 'resolvfile',
    'allservers' and the list 'server' settings (enabled by default)
  • parse/show the resolver, Location, DNSSEC- and NOLOG-Flag
    in the resolver select box
  • make buttons for resolver list download & file creation
    (resolv-crypt.conf) more descriptive & responsive
  • ease the startup trigger handling
  • add an edit tab for 'resolv-crypt.conf' in the 'Advanced' section

I've updated the screenshots in the first post to reflect the changes and added a download link, too.

Well, good job. Tks bro. ^^

@dibdot, how can I add this to the list of available packages prior to compiling if I am compiling against the stable branch?

@cybrnook
Well, I'm using this dumb script for my buildroot checkouts:

#/bin/sh

# local checkout directory, e.g. 'src-stable' or 'src-snapshot'
#
LOCAL="src-stable"

# remote git repository
#
REMOTE="https://git.lede-project.org/source.git"

# desired branch name, e.g. 'master' or 'lede-17.01'
#
BRANCH="lede-17.01"

if [ ! -d "./${LOCAL}" ]
then
    git clone "${REMOTE}" -b "${BRANCH}" "${LOCAL}"
    rc=${?}
else
    cd "${LOCAL}"
    git pull "${REMOTE}" "${BRANCH}"
    rc=${?}
    cd ..
fi

if [ ${rc} -eq 0 ]
then
    ./${LOCAL}/scripts/feeds update -a
    ./${LOCAL}/scripts/feeds install -a
fi

Options (untested):

• checkout stable and master branch in different local directories and copy only the dnscrypt luci package from master to stable (afterwards re-run the stable checkout to update your luci package index).
  • checkout stable branch and change the luci feed to master branch afterwards (simply remove 'lede-17.01' from feeds.conf).
  • as I said before, maybe there are much better ways to do that ...

Hope this helps!

1 Like

@dibdot great job! ... I just updated to the latest package (17.277) and found that my resolver "cs-uk" is no longer listed in the drop down list. It was available in the previous build. I checked the dnscrypt-resolvers.csv file and resolver "cs-uk" is correctly listed along with the other "cs-xx" resolvers. Has something changed? Or is there some filtering now applied?

@jb80 sorry, clearly a bug in the new parser ... as a workaround please manually remove the quotation marks from the dnssec & nolog entries, e.g.:

old:
cs-uk,"CS England DNSCrypt server","provided by cryptostorm.is","Rugby, England",,"https://cryptostorm.is",1,"no","yes", ...

new:
cs-uk,"CS England DNSCrypt server","provided by cryptostorm.is","Rugby, England",,"https://cryptostorm.is",1,no,yes, ...

... after that change, the resolver should appear in the select box again.

I'll fix this probably tomorrow.

1 Like

@dibdot thanks, I can confirm by removing the quotes from the resolver file the full list is populated. Please do let me know when the bug is fixed.... when do you plan to move this package into the master 17.03 LuCI repo distribution feed? ... Thanks again for your fine work! :grinning:

The bug has been fixed yesterday and the package directory / download link in the first post is (now) up to date ... :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

dibdot,

I will like if you can guide me please, to get dnscrypt-proxy working please.

I am using C7_v2 with,
LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT r4967-5508510e74 / LuCI Master (git-17.267.26012-a2ea9fd), and Kernel 4.4.89, just very stable for me at this moment.

Before I had a different Snapshot firmware and dnscrypt-proxy will always show Singapore when I do a DNSLEAKTEST, now it is not, and will like it too.

I have attached the 5 dnscrypt-proxy settings in the in the GUI.

Dnscrypt-proxy_1
Dnscrypt-proxy_2
Dnscrypt-proxy_3
Dnscrypt-proxy_4
Dnscrypt-proxy_5

Thanks.

At a first glance your config looks ok to me, though you're not using the latest dnscrypt-proxy GUI release.
If I look at your services menu, you're using multiple DNS related services I do not know.
Probably it's unrelated to the dnscrypt GUI and it's better to open a new forum post for that, with a detailed problem description, configs (better than screenshots) and logs of course.

will it ever be added to 17.01 branch packages?

Another request: I think I know what dnscrypt-proxy does, but it would be great to have an overview page in the wiki that tells its benefits.

Someone already created an (empty) placeholder page for it: https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/dnscrypt-proxy

Even a few paragraphs would help to explain what dnscrypt-proxy does, and how the LuCI package makes it easier to use. Thanks for building this package!

I don't think so. The luci package requires the updated trunk dnscrypt base package as well, cause the former dnscrypt package doesn't support interface trigger for startup. Hopefully in the next few weeks the devs will branch 18.x as the first re-merged "OpenWrt/LEDE" release with the current package release level, too.

1 Like

Is there a luci-app-dnscrypt-proxy package? Unable to find.
I'm powered by LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.315.61305-a9bddc4) / LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d
Router: R7800
Thanks.

Maybe you check (at least) the first post of this thread ... with a download link ...

Figured it out. No luci-app-dnscrypt-proxy package but I was able to install dnscrypt and setup by way of ssh.

a workaround is to link the existing libsodium to libsoidum.so.18 ... once I've done this it worked

A bit old news but worth mentioning.
It seems DNScrypt has been abandoned. dnscrypt.org redirects to dnsprivacy.org (DNS-over-TLS) and dnscrypt-proxy's maintainer tweeted he's abandoning the project.