New local ip locked me out of luci and ssh

I changed the local of the router using Luci.

I can see that the ip changed as my machine says so from the Ethernet. See image below:
Screenshot 2022-08-20 at 20.12.42

But I cannot ssh into the box using the new local ip.

I cannot log in using Luci either.

But my Ethernet connection to the box, on my machine, shows the new IP.

I'm running: openwrt-22.03.0-rc6-lantiq-xrx200-avm on Fritz7362sl

Any help, please?

I don't sure, your NewIP / Local IP / Router IP in your description, which one is which.

My Router IP is 192.168.4.1
My PC got IP: 192.168.4.xxx
I luci/SSH my router via 192.168.4.1, always.

Something is not right about your screenshot...

What did you set as your OpenWrt router's LAN address? Did you set 172.16.0.0? it appears that this is the case based on the router address (172.16.0.0), but if you're using a /24 subnet (subnet mask 255.255.255.0), the .0 address is not a valid host IP (it defines the network, but is not valid as host address).

If this is the case, you will need to use failsafe mode, fix the address so that it is valid (for example 172.16.0.1), and then reboot.

1 Like

@psherman thanks for your response. you're spot on. the only problem is that I can't seem to get the router into Safe mode and thus no IP, etc. I get the flashing red light (common to this router).

Did you set your computer to a static ip in the 192.168.1.0/24 network (for example: 192.168.1.10)?

1 Like

@psherman thanks a lot. I have had to redo this so many times now, I can do it with my eyes close. Why? Well, configurations that are going wrong, wrong and wrong. Soon, I toss the router against the wall :slight_smile: Thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.